NON FERRARI PROJECT CARS | FerrariChat

NON FERRARI PROJECT CARS

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by SMS, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I'm guessing I'm not the only one restoring a non F-car. Here is my latest project. 1963 Chevrolet Nova Convertible. Who else has a project going?

2. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
  3. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
  4. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
  5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The top looks like it needs work ;) :D, but seriously nice work. Car looks real clean and undoubtably (or though I am no expert on American cars) the correct colours and finish.

I am in the middle of a major restoration of a 1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV (series 2, for those that know the difference ;)). I have always loved these little cars, and am a huge Alfa Romeo fan, infact probably bigger than I am interested in Ferraris. The Alfa Romeos of the 30's are to die for ... and I think most GTV owners day dream of 3 wheeling their GTV through some race track corner as though it was a GTA back in the 60's.

Anyway you can find pictures of my car here: http://alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=856

Any completed restoration is a credit to the restorer, as they are big jobs.
    Pete

6. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Nice resto. A friend of mine also has a rust bucket 63 Nova convertible behind his shop. (63 was the only year for a Nova convertible.) I bought the Nova's powerglide automatic from him because they are basically the same as a 62 Corvette powerglide; air cooled with giant holes in the bellhousing if I remember correctly.

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    great thread!!! i specialize in 1970 to 1973 camaros ( Z28 and rally sports only) , and 70 to 79 trans ams, with the focus on ram air, super duty, " smokey and the bandit" y82/y84 cars a few on the other " special" COPO cars. for some reason i have had corvettes coming out of my ears. i may be changing jobs soon, so i am on "hold" as far as getting a 308 goes, though i am ready now otherwise. current bandit trans am i have is the 42nd car off the line with rare red cloth interior. pontiac historic services seems to think about 20 were made this way. car has some rust i am not going to mess with. i will post a few pics but most of mine are 35mm and not digital.nice work on the nova, and i love the Alfa Romeos too!!!

8. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  9. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    Sorry no pix at this time but

My main project is a 69 Mustang Mach1

White ext. Red interior shaker hood 428 CJ 4 speed.

The way these cars have appreciated, I may be able to fund a Ferrari by selling this when finished.

Erich

10. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  11. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  12. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    WOW! those are great cars... i love the fastback mustangs for some reason. the 428 cobra jet with the "california drag pack" is one to die for. and i love any of them with 4 speeds (muscle cars) i have a hard time cutting them up if they are factory 4 speed cars!!!.( ie the carreaper, when you really REALLY need parts!) please post pics when you can, you have a fan!!! michael

13. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    My baby. FFR Cobra #2294 (Factory Five Racing). Yep. A fake. Good lord is it fun. 1900 lbs. Tube frame. All new SBF, with 5 speed. No emissions junk- no radio, no top, no windows, no AC, no heater, no windshield wipers. Side pipes are glasspacks, and a nitrous system.

14. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    nice cobra...... umm NOS on a 1900 lb car!!!! ..... you are the brave one!!!!

15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

16. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

17. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Just started taking an interest in the '70 or '71 Camaro RS. I understand the Camaro White book is a good buy for getting more info?

My current Father/son/grandson project that is about 3 years late and 4 times over budget is a '56 Chevy Pickup, cab and tray have been given the once over, chassis c-sectioned and boxed, 13" wilwoods all round, holding off on the air susp and running coil overs and sway bars instead, 4 link rear, Blown Merlin 427" BBC, TKO II 5 speed, Vintage A/C, painless wiring, Dakota digital dash, custom ali tank down the back. Thinking about painting it that metallic yellow the Gallardo comes in but still having sleepless nights wondering about colour and rims.

Will be the last heavily modified vehicle project I even embark on as god is my witness.

18. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
  19. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i recommend " BIG BOOK OF CAMARO DATA" 1970 TO 1973 BY JOHN R HOOPER, ( MOTOR BOOKS INTERNATIONAL) isbn 0879389737
    " THE ILLISTRATED CAMARO RECOGNITION GUIDE, VOLUME 2 70 TO 73" BY JOHN HOOPER, umm mine is so beat up i cant read any of the other info in it. best wishes, michael

20. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    Its not much to look at now.
    The engine is out.
    Both fenders are off
    The interior is out and stored in the attic.
    The tail light panel has been cut out to excise the cancer.

I am committed now. The car is worth only a fraction if I tried to sell it in its current state. :(

21. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    #21 C. Losito, Mar 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    It's great to see another Alfa BBer on F-chat. Hope you enjoy the GTV

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Nice TR6. I remember doing a clutch on one when I was a young chap for my fathers garage. Had to remove all the gearbox tunnel and pull the gearbox in via the inside of the car :( ... a pain.

The clutch linage/pivot was partially siezed, and we had to get the clutch housing welded and remachined. Clutch was lovely afterwards ...

TR6's outside the States are mechanically fuel injected ... and I very much remember this cars road test after the clutch was done. It was such a long road test that my father was waiting outside his shop when I came back and gave me a little telling off ... as he was worried that the owner might have turned up while I was playing :D

Pete

24. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
  25. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name: