Any 1/43 512S Coda Lunga? | FerrariChat

Any 1/43 512S Coda Lunga?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Gatorrari, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Does anyone know of any company that markets a built-up 1/43 scale 1970 512S Coda Lunga (long tail) from LeMans?

I think I saw a rather expensive kit once, and I've seen built-ups of the "standard" 512S, but no long tails.

I suspect the reason may be simple: the car is probably too long for their standard display boxes!

(I was pleasantly surprised to see an actual Coda Lunga at the Monterey Historics in 1994. I thought all the surviving 512S's had been switched back to the standard tail.)

2. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    Look for Tecnomodel. They have quite a few versions of the 512 S long tails.
    But, also quite expensive because they are handbuilt and of the same quality (or perhaps even better) as the BBR models.

3. jj2728

jj2728 Karting

Jan 19, 2004
    Ontario
    i have 2 BBR coda lunga kits, one is for myself and the other is for a client of mine...in a word they are superb....my versions are the ickx/schetty number 5 lemans 1970....