"The Exotic Warranty Company"... Has anyone ever heard of, or used this? | FerrariChat

"The Exotic Warranty Company"... Has anyone ever heard of, or used this?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by -FROG-, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    I recieved an email a few days ago from J.J. Best. I currently have my Lambo rep financed through them and it seems they are offering a new program that has the potential to benefit from. I was wondering what you guys think and if any of you have ever heard of anything like this? I think I will get back with them but I wanted to share with you as well, in case anyone is interested or if you think this is a waist of time. -Paul

Here's the email:

J.J. Best Banc & Co would like to invite you to see a new program available to
    you. As you know, repairs are quite expensive on any auto these days, especially
    collector and exotic cars. We are proud to be able to offer a new extended
    warranty program designed specifically for exotic, collector and “normal” cars
    to you. In the past, most of our customers were never eligible for an extended
    warranty through anyone since coverage was always so limited on what vehicles
    were eligible.

Our partnership with The Exotic Warranty Company has allowed us to offer these
    extended service contracts to you. This exclusive coverage takes care of any
    problems you may have with your car under normal use. Items such as your engine,
    transmission, steering components, door switches, etc. –If they break, The
    Exotic Warranty Company is ready to pay for the repairs the same day.

In addition to the exotics and collector cars, we provide the extended service
    contracts for normal cars, such as Chevrolet, Honda, Ford, etc..
    You’re probably also wondering if we really can offer a contract for your
    Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley and other exotics. Yes, we can! We have a program
    designed specifically for the high-end automobiles that previously were not
    eligible for coverage. Even if the vehicle is 20 years or older, or even if you
    made the vehicle yourself, you are eligible.

We are sure you are interested in hearing more and signing up for this exclusive
    coverage through J.J. Best Banc & Co and The Exotic Warranty Company. Call us
    today or email me back with your vehicle information and I will send you a
    quote.

Sincerely,
    Albert Maranda
    Finance Manager
    J.J. Best Banc & Co
    1-800-USA-1965
    Albert H. Maranda <[email protected]>

2. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I've seen and spoken to them pretty extensively, and I'm about to buy a 1-year warranty for my new used 360. :)

They seem like a quality operation, and I've spoken to both the saleswoman AND the claims guy (important to talk to the guy who decides whether you get paid or not!).

The things I really like about them are:

-- No limits on usage or mileage, except for the track. But you can drive like a maniac in New York City 20k / year and they won't deny a claim based on it.

-- They will cover Euro-converted cars.

-- They will cover just about every non-wear-and-tear item in the car, so obviously no clutches, brake pads, belts, etc. But I got direct confirmation from the claims guy that the entire F1 transmission is covered (except the clutch, of course).

I'm being quoted $2900 for a 1-year contract. As a new f-car owner, the peace of mind that buys me is well worth it. After a few years, maybe I'll find it not to be worthwhile, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

nlh

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    this is interesting. i wonder if the third party providers are stepping up to the plate now that ferrari itself is offering these pre-owned warranties. if FNA says the car is stable enough to warrant, then anybody can warrant it. should be loads cheaper in theory. please keep us posted on how it all works out.

doody.

4. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    I just got a quote in my email:

"1 Year Unlimited Mileage is $3,299.00. Let me know if you have any questions on the coverage.
    Thank You
    Al"

This isn't worth it for a replica IMO but maybe if I had a real Countach, I would consider. Still seems a little high to me.

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Btw, if you go to them direct the price is $2,900 for the one year. That's for a 360. At any rate the price is a little cheaper direct.

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'd be curious to know what the pre-conditions are to extend this warranty to Ferrari's. For example, from reading posts on F-Chat, I understand that to obtain FNA's 1-year extended warranty, you are required to have to have the 30K servicing done.

Does EWC stipulate any similar conditions?

7. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    I did post their email in the first post. You may want to send them a email with a little more detailed questions. Their response time is a few hours.

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I read some of the fineprint and they don't require any 30K service be done. The warranty starts the day you sign the contract with them. So, I think that you can start it any time. They want a post-purchase inspection though if the car is out of existing warranty. The warranty is transferable. Unlimited mileage and deductible is $100. It seems to cover all non-wear and tear items. I seem to recall the Ferrari factory extended warranty not covering the F1 tranny.

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

They pay for the post-purchase inspection, btw.

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    No 30K, only a PPI -- very nice! How much does Ferrari's extended warranty cost per year?

11. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Ferrari is $3,500 for a year and I believe $5K for 2 years, plus 30K service including belt change. So, what's that another $5K? Yikes!!!!

12. Modena 360

Modena 360 Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    Central Pa
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I just purchased the Ferrari Power 2 extended warranty for my 2000 360 With 9k miles on it.
    It does cover the F1 shifting unit. One of the requirements was u had to have the timing belt replaced(which mine was just done).
    The warranty covers everything except wear and tear item.
    Hope that helps,
    Tom