Front Range Driving Events | FerrariChat

Front Range Driving Events

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by sherpa23, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Those of you that attended the party at Maggiano's last weekend heard Jim mention that Jim Hilton and I are organizing the Mystery Rally for July 11. Well the MR will be fantastic and Jim and I will make sure that you all have a great time. However, it is only one day and since Colorado has such great summer weather, there's no reason we can't do something more often. Consequently, I would like to organize a monthly or bi-monthly (that's two times a month not every two months) drive.

We can meet on Saturday or Sunday mornings at a coffee shop somewhere centrally located on the front range and go on a pre-determined route and end up somewhere for lunch. Colorado has such beautiful scenery and hill sides that it would be a sin not to enjoy such beauty with other like minded folks.

This would not be limited to Ferraris and I will probably pass this along to members of the Porsche and Lotus clubs.

Okay, what are your thoughts? Who's in?

2. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    [Hello Ryan,
    This is a cool idea, we need to do some small outings at regular base.
    I do that with the Porsche boys here up North, and they would love to do some rides with the F.members.We have so many great roads and we could have a fun time with out getting in troubles...We never got a tickets during theses rides.
    I'm in when my race schedule allows it, keep me informe.
    Roland
    Players Run

3. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I would be in for some of them, but being in the Springs, I would need to add a few hours to some of the events to arrive at the start, then get home. Or if you want to have one down this way, I can help with the starting point/coffee shop point.

But, it sounds good, and I will attend when able. As you saw last Saturday night, I like to drive mine. The only negative for me is 100 degree days in a black car with no A/C.

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Well, I think that we'll move them around from time to time. We will probably do most in Denver, as it seems to be central to the guys in Boulder, FC, Castle Rock, and C Springs, but I would insist on doing at least one in the Springs and one in the Boulder/FC area. We'll see what the feedback is like and adjust locations as necessary. I think that we should start as the weather starts clearing up, probably in a couple of weeks.

5. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    [Common Mule, what are you talking about ?? In the LM, I have no A/C or heater and the temp goes on a track day to 125 degree in the cockpit !!!
    I understand why my wife refuses to sit in the car, but we are tuffer and can
    handle the pressure for the fun of driving our cars...I need a co pilote who could handle the noise and uncomfort of my car during outings.
    last year, I had Jim Walters with me since my wife took his place in the 355 Spider...Now, I want a good looking girl...( no offense to Jim)
    Roland

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Hmm. Roland, that's not a terribly unusual request. I might have to see what I can dig up to meet your requirements.

Do you think that if I could find more than a sufficient number of hotties that wouldn't mind spending a morning with guys and their sports cars that there would be sufficient demand for the surplus? :)

This might be a good thing for the driving events. Maybe it will even help the turn out. :D

7. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    [It never hurts to have hoties making our car look better and me too !!!
    Roland

8. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Would Heather do?

9. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    You bet, and stay way behind !!!
    Roland

10. yookdan

yookdan Rookie

Jan 14, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Robert Stevens
    We would love to come along - please keep me in the loop for scheduled outings.

Also - Sherpa - I think I saw you this morning around 10AM on 7th Ave. Parkway - same Silver 355 -

R

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Yep. That was me.

12. andymo1972

andymo1972 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy L
    I'm up for a spirited drive just about anytime as long as my schedule permits it so keep me informed but I'll most likely attend. I'm used to the drive from C Springs up to a meeting place but if we could do one down here, that'd be great...or a drive that starts north but heads south through Deckers/Woodland Park. Anyway, looking forward to meeting everyone.

13. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Andy, we are happy to see that we have a new driver on the Front Range.
    You have a few others F.cars in the Springs...We all hope to see you during
    driving events etc...
    Check in Showroom for more details.
    Good luck with the 360, you'll have fun !
    Roland
    F40LM'
    Players Run

14. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    PM me know where you live in the Springs. I am out in Stetson Hills.

15. frank v costey

Jan 20, 2004
    Would be most interested in driving along. Looking forward to events calendar.

Frank Costey

16. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I would love to go along and do some filming of the event from my M3. I'll do my best to keep up with Ferrari power with my ///M Power ;).

17. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder

Don't worry, speed isn't what this is all about and a Beemer can stick with a F car (not all of them !! )
    Roland
    F40LM
    Players Run