Canadian BMW sales results and perspectives | FerrariChat

Canadian BMW sales results and perspectives

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Kds, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

In today's NATIONAL POST newspaper there is a front page article on the financial section regarding an analysis of the final BMW sales figures for 2003/04.

Overall BMW "car" sales went up 7.5% in 2003 here in Canada........from 16,622 to 17,868........but in the last quarter the sales of the 5, 7 and Z4 are off by 41-52% year to date !! Meanwhile 3 series sales in Canada are up 54% year to date !!

Apparently there is something to the design of these cars after all that is reaching consumers...........and recognizing this "trend" BMW has said that the redesign of the 3 will be subtle and recognizable....leading to speculation that Bangle's "re-assignment" was more than just window dressing.

BMW are lucky they have the 3 series in it's present styling format "it would seem".

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Bangle,imho, is a TOTAL distaster.

3. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    all i can add is 7 series never before in history has german dominance of a continent been wiped out so quickly without blood shed.... Almost like watching great Italian military decisions of the second world war....

4. bmwmpower48

bmwmpower48 Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Kinard
    The 3 series doesn't need to be changed at all as far as exterior apperance goes. I'm sure BMW could find some stuff on the inside that they want to improve on. Otherwise E46 BMWs are great.

I'm wondering what the new BMW 1 series will look like. Hopefully it will look like the 3 series somewhat but smaller.

5. docdavid

docdavid Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Toronto/K-W
    Full Name:
    Mike D