Let's Plan for Something on Sunday, March 14! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Let's Plan for Something on Sunday, March 14!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ghost, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Utkarsh, I noticed it's an 04. Is it just getting prepped, or is there some "reconstructive" work that's being done to it? If the former, can you not speak with the guys at Classic and ask them if they can have it ready in time for Saturday. Would be great to have you as part of the crew.

2. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    otherwise I would go. One word of caution, CC borders some rough neighborhoods and I suspect a lost caravan of Ferrari's may attract some unwanted attention in those areas. Get your directions down pat and don't get lost!

Ben

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Ben, sorry to have missed you this time. Thanks for the heads-up on the neighborhoods around CC -- actually didn't realize that. We'll make sure we've got our directions straight, as should everybody else.

Regards.

4. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I'm in. Its not so bad in Elizabeth. I work here and have never had a problem.
    See you Saturday.
    PS: What time will you meet at Technik? Is there parking there?

5. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Hey I had an idea for a pitstop on our Sat. voyage....

I'd like to get some good NY-style photos of my car, and if it's a nice day, this might be a good time for some group pics as well.

Perhaps we can make a swing by Edgewater, NJ (right along the river across from the city) and get some good skyline-in-the-background pics?

Or, if anyone else has any great photo-op location suggestions...

nlh

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Sam, we're congregating at 8:30am because a couple of us are getting our cars washed before heading over -- plus, we're looking forward to talking with Gus and finding out all the interesting services his shop provides. Should be fun, and Gus seems like a great guy. It should be noted that Gus is doing us a special favor by opening his shop for us at 8:30am, as typically he opens at 9:00am on Saturday -- thanks much Gus!!

We'll probably depart Technik1 around 9:00am. You're welcome to drop by anytime within that window if you'd like to join us from there -- just let me know so we keep an eye out for you. There should be ample parking space, if not outside, then certainly inside Gus' shop. Technik1's address: 516 West 29th Street.

Sounds like a good idea Noah. Let's see what the group says -- I assume we can route our drive by Edgewater once we depart Classic Coach. If we end up heading in a different direction, though, we'll make sure we doubleback this way after, to get your pics in. ;)

7. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I'm comming from the West and will meet you folks there.

Lunch was discussed earlier.
    Nixed or is it still on?

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Lovely Clyde -- we're looking forward to seeing your 308.

Lunch is still on, although we're still deciding on venue. We may just play it by ear, and find the nearest quaint restaurant depending on where our drive takes us. Let us know if you have suggestions on route and/or restaurant.

Updated attendee list:

(1) Sam (sjmst)
    (2) Kris (Red360Stradale) - probably
    (3) Noah (noahlh)
    (4) Vik (ghost)
    (5) Emil (Black355)
    (6) John (John B)
    (7) Vernon (VWH3RD) - probably
    (8) John (jgimbel1) - probably
    (9) Clyde (ClydeM)

9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE

Guys,

I just want to make it clear that the run being organized is being scheduled for SATURDAY, MARCH 13TH, not Sunday, March 14, even though the title of the thread suggests Sunday.

We had originally anticipated scheduling this for Sunday, but quickly realized that:

(i) it was more convenient for some to make Saturday,
    (ii) the weather is expected to be bright and sunny on Saturday, and cold and grey on Sunday, and
    (iii) neither Classic Coach nor Technik1 are open on Sunday.

For this reason, we had moved the date to Saturday, March 13th. Unfortunately, I could not edit the title of the thread, which is why it still reads as if we are planning something for Sunday (we are not).

There seems to be a little bit of confusion surrounding this point, and I wanted to make sure everybody was aware of this!

Original post on Page 1 of this thread:

10. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I'd second this... I could really use some great F-car pics for a project I'm working on. As soon as the ink dries on the deal (assuming it dries) I may try to co-erce a bunch of you to bring your wheels into a studio for a day of shooting...

11. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Would love to get into Technik, but I may not be able to get there at 8:30, so I'll see you in Elizabeth.

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Sounds good.

13. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Emil -- I would definitely be down for some studio shots of the 360 ... keep us posted!

14. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    So it's Classic Coach at 10am (Sat), what's the venue after that?

15. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    I just want to say thanks to Vik for getting this together. Even though it doesn't look like I'll make it, I'm really glad someone is getting things going. If this goes well I'm sure we'll be doing this much more over the spring/summer. Vik thanks again for being so nice and making things happen.

16. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Great, Vik,

I look forward to meeting you tomorrow morning. It's nice to have a Ferrari "air" around the shop. We have a couple of Porsche Turbos in the shop, as well as Noah's Modena--his 360 is getting "wrapped" (3M clear protevtive film), as well as a Technik Detail. See you @ 8:30 !

Gus
    Technik 1

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    PBE -- Play it By Ear ;) I had asked people for suggestions on route/restaurant, but I guess most aren't familiar with the area, so we'll check in with the boys at Classic Coach tomorrow for both. Maybe we can head up north, and hit some of the beautiful roads discussed in the "Best Driving Roads" thread here. But let's figure it out tomorrow.

Pleasure. And thank you for your kind words.

Sorry you can't make it, but we'll catch you the next time Kris.

Look forward to seeing you Gus. Emil (Black355) may bring his Black 355 down as well.

Updated attendee list:

(1) Sam (sjmst)
    (2) Noah (noahlh)
    (3) Vik (ghost)
    (4) Emil (Black355)
    (5) John (John B)
    (6) Vernon (VWH3RD) - probably
    (7) John (jgimbel1) - probably
    (8) Clyde (ClydeM)

Weather still looks like it's gonna be a sunny 45 degrees. This is gonna be fun! :D:D:D

18. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    A buddy of mine (Christian) will also come in a Porsche Turbo X50. He is thinking about getting a 512BBi and would like to have a look at one close up.

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    He should be able to definitely see one -- Charlie's -- which is currently at the shop, and quite possible two, if John G ends up joining us.

20. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Ok guys, I think we're all set. Everything's a go, and I look forward to seeing some of you at Technik1 and others at Classic Coach. Cell phone is 917.656.2280, so give me a call tomorrow should the need arise. Obviously bring your digital cameras, but if people have digital camcorders, please bring those as well, as they are anticipated to be a couple of passengers along for the ride, and we should be able to get some nice moving shots in. All passengers welcome, be they be a wife, girlfriend, mistress, friend, tifosi or some combination thereof.

Weather looks like it's going to be a sunny 45 degrees all day.

Forza. Let's do this!

21. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Sounds good. My son will be with me, so the mistress is out of the question.. :eek:)

22. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Hmmmm. I seem to have the same problem.....
    G/F or Son?
    Who loves Ferraris more?
    g/f stays home :p

23. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    BRILLIANT time everyone....I'm going through the pics right now and will start a new thread shortly...

nlh

24. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    #49 ClydeM, Mar 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    THE HOURS AFTER | THE HOURS AFTER | THE HOURS AFTER | THE HOURS AFTER

Hoo...wee! What a phenomenal day today was for the New York Tri-State Chapter of the FerrariChatters. After a week-long plan session, we finally were able to congregate for the first time as a group and drive this year. The sky was sunny and blue, the temperature gauge indicated a perfect crisp spring weather (which did a great job in keeping the Ferrari temps nice and low), and the group of guys that participated were meeting for the first time, bonded by their love of all things Ferrari. New friendships were formed, stories were shared, and regardless of where our discussion wandered, it always came back to center around the Prancing Horse.

Although there were some that said hello but had to leave (Vernon), the core group of us tifosi were six. In alphabetical order of Avatar name (vehicle) / name:

(1) Black355 (Black 355) / Emil
    (2) ClydeM (Red 308) / Clyde
    (3) ghost (Red 355) / Vik
    (4) John B (Titanium 360) / John
    (5) noahlh (Red 360) - but riding shotgun with ghost today / Noah
    (6) sjmst (Red Mondial) / Sam

The journey was divided in five phases, as are the pictures.

(1) Phase 1:

Emil, Noah and myself first gathered at Technik1 to get Emil and my car washed. Gus and Angelo run Technik1 one, and not only did they do a phenomenal job making our babies shine, they were extremely hospitable and real gentleman to deal with. Ladies and Gentleman, New York City's got a new hot spot!

(2) Phase 2:

Up through the Holland Tunnel, and onto Elizabeth, NJ where we met up with the other's at Classic Coach, the first real stop of our group. What a phenomenal bunch of guys!! High class, aboveboard, and best of all...low, low labor rates. Frank (owner) and Rocco were extremely gracious, and not only let us canodle around their seemingly endless amounts of exoticars, but took a bunch of time out of their own day to show us around the shop, discussing the service, bodywork, customization, paintwork, and other phenomenal services they provide.

(3) Phase 3:

Off to Bear Mountain it was. What a lovely route we took: good roads and light traffic (save for a loonie or two!). Lots of Tubi roaring, engine screaming, camera clicking and, of course, smiles. Clyde's 308 and Sam's Mondial were not only keeping up, but often leading the way! :eek: Great driving to all. We ended up crossing the bridge and hit the twisties, coming to our first scenic spot.

(4) Phase 4:

Leaving the scenic spot, we continued down the twisties, and ended up at The Reef, a quaint little restaurant, where we enjoyed each other's companies, swapped stories, had some laughs, and secretly asked ourselves if this could get any better.

(5) Phase 5: (no pics)

All good things must come to and end, and our journey was no exception. We followed each other back for some time, at which point we all departed to go our separate ways with some honking and some flashing.

This day could not have gone any better. Good weather, good roads, good food, good friends, and best of all, lots of Prancing Horses.

Hope you all enjoy the pics.

Until next time. Forza!