SEAT COVERS | FerrariChat

SEAT COVERS

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by scycle2020, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    does anyone drive around with there ferrari seat covers on? to protect the car? my cousin says he has done this for years with his 512tr and the seats look new....i think it might look a little tacky doing this..what do you all think?

2. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Who cares if the seats look new if they are covered? Tacky in my opinion. I am sure the next owner would appreciate it though!

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Do what you like, it is your car.

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    they do keep the seats looking like new. if you show the car it would be a good idea but it is not as attractive as seeing the bare naked seats!

5. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    When I bought my '86 328 in 3/02 it had 14k miles and the owner had custom made sheepskin covers on it from day 1. Of course, they came off immediately and I thanked the man for keeping my seats like new for me for 16 years. I did sit in them a bit for the drive home from Mill Valley CA. to Seattle and let me tell you they make a narrow seat even narrower.

Anyone want a custom set of high quality covers for a 328?

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I keep my red satin seat covers on almost all the time and my Boxer seats look almost new. And, not only do they protect the seat, they also keep your legs from sticking to the seat during hot Georgia summers which makes the A/C seem to cool you off a little better.

7. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA
    Satin seat covers? Were do you find something like that? Up until now, I've been using Ferrari beach towels to keep the seats cool/protected. I think your solution sounds pretty good.

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Amen, that's like your grandparents putting that thick plastic on their couch. How embarrassing!

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I bought my red satin car cover, seat covers and steering wheel cover from this fellow from Texas who had them made by a company in Italy. They even have the prancing horse logo in them I can'y recall his name but his e-mail address is [email protected] and his fax number is 713.664.5905.

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I actually have a pair of red satin seat covers that came with my car that I want to sell. I have been meaning to put them on ebay, but have been too lazy. I also have the red satin steering wheel cover. I can take some pictures if any one is interested. I have no idea what they cost or what I would be selling them for.

11. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    FYI, I believe I paid $450 for the car cover, seat covers and steering wheel cover, but I don't remember how it was broken down .

12. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    IMHO: Tacky. Why not just use DUCT tape and be done with it ;)

13. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  14. flashman

flashman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    Star Valley, Arizona
    Full Name:
    William Rappaport
    kiesan,
    Would they fit my 81 308? Arizona gets very hot in the summer and these may just be the thing to keep my butt cool. How much do you want for them?

15. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    I'm pretty sure that 328 and 308 seats are identical or at least close to identical in shape. My guess is they would work but maybe someone else here could say for sure.

Let me mull over what I would want for them. The quality seems to be very high and I remember them fitting like they were custom made for the car.

16. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Ditto.

17. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I had sheeps until I got the seats redone in a two-tone leather. I could not think of covering them now. Though the sheeps were quite comfortable, they did in fact narrow the seat for my big 'ol but!

Where can I get a Ferrari beach towell? The closest thing I have is my GF's Tom Sellick beach towell that she kept from her high school days!

18. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i keep a towel in the car and cover the seat after i work out, that's about it... but i do that w/ all my cars.

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #19 Chiaro_Slag, Mar 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are the ones my prior owner must have bought (I don't ever use them - My first time testing them out, lol) - I don't know where to buy them new, although here is one on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34206&item=2465260011

Oops, they de-listed it.

Here is the entire package for the 360 that sold for $430.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50456&item=2462393005
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA

Thanks for the information Frank!

The car cover is around $405-415, and the seats and steering wheel cover (Ferrari cars only) are $125 for the set, or $100 when ordered with a car cover. Prices include shipping.

FYI: The current email address is [email protected] The gentleman's name is H.Joe Foster

21. advan24r

advan24r Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    Do you have any pictures of what these seat covers look like? Are they the satin red ones that are in this thread?

TIA

22. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA
    Frank would be best qualified to answer that question. I have not seen them yet either. My assumption is that they would be very similar as to the ones posted.

23. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Slag...Do you need crystals for your RC truck?

24. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hmm, what are crystals?

25. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Thanks Pino. Anybody end up ordering these? I'm thinking about it for my 355, but think that the whole concept of seat/wheel covers may be an overkill.