Finally got access to the Ferrari Media Site | FerrariChat

Finally got access to the Ferrari Media Site

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by DMClark, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    I must say though. I am a bit disappointed.

A lot of other media sites have pictures, stats, and press releases going back quite a ways. I'm able to get some fairly old press pictures off of them.

Ferrari's site only has stuff back to 2000 and not all the stats from cars that new are up either.

Granted, I haven't contacted them to see if I can obtain anything from them that's old than 2000 fairly easily, but their media site doesn't have that much content.

2. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    The Owner's Site is a little slow, and you do have to dig deep to find certain info., but it does offer quite a few resources and "inside" material to the owners that is very helpful (i.e. owners manuals, historical documentation on vintage models, portal to purchase vintage parts, inside previews of upcoming models and events, etc.).

For information, specs, and vintage factory press photos of models prior to (and including) model year 2000, might I suggest visiting the www.ferrariusa.com website. From there you can choose GT Cars / Past Models / and then select your particular model of interest.

Hope this helps...

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Whoa Eric, didn't know this. What are they saying about upcoming models!

4. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    For the time being, all is a little calm with regards to upcoming car info. Toward the end of last year, there was a considerable amount of inside information and sneak previews / premier unveiling video, photos, and brochures available on the much anticipated 360 CS and Scaglietti models to wet the appetite -- much of which is old news now.

For the most part, the Geneva show and F1 Season kickoff has been the big feature on the site (not to mention the unveiling of the new F1 car, video of track testing, and the much publicized MS race against the fighter jet video). Latest news is the new GTC handling package for the 575M (currently found in the Enzo and 360 CS), as well as a new racing exhaust system and carbon kit available for 360 Modena / Spider owners as a personalization package.

The Owners Site is genuinely a great portal into Ferrari and a great extension of the ownership experience.

5. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    FerrariUSA.com does provide the stats that I need (To a certain point, I still need more detailed stats), unfortunately it does not provide the pictures. Arg! Of course nothing does these days.

6. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    I'm not certain about all the "Past Models", but pictures are available for cars such as the 308 and the Testarossa. If you choose one of the model cars, then select any of the chapters to the left of the screen you will see text on the right. If you scroll down to the bottom of each "chapter's" text you should find thumbnails of pics available. Multiple pics will have scroll arrows to the right and left of the thumbnails. If you click on any one of these thumbnails, a larger pic opens (and you can right click and save these to your PC). Not sure if this is what you're referring to, however...

7. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    Well yeah I should have been more clear. I saw those pictures, but I need pictures with 800 horizontal resolution or better.