Post your pic of the worst ever replica attempt! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Post your pic of the worst ever replica attempt!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Husker, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey, if a name is that important to you... way to go. I only need one woman for my car and that would be my wife. It sounds like you bought a Ferrari to pick up young girls. You must be compensating for something...

2. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Good thing there is NSXprime, otherwise NSX owners wouldn't have anywhere to go to feel like they got their moneys worth out of their car LOL

Its worth not owning an nsx just for the fact i dont have to come up with excuses why I bought the car. I know nsx guys and they are cool people, but the guys i know, know where their car stands in the automotive food chain, its easier to not get worked up about what people say about your car, when you figure out where you are on the pyramid :)

3. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Well, as long as you know your car is somewhere down below that.. I guess all is well.

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I like NSX's. My old NA2 was a great daily driver. Vettes might be faster, but are much more generic.

Corvettes are fine if you like that sort of thing. But some of us like the car that was fine tuned by Senna himself.

That said, because of winter I had to sell it. I didnt drive it enough because any day I had the chance, I would take my 328 out...

5. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    And of course if you were single and young girls wanted a ride in your Ferrari, you would turn them down because you only bought a Ferrari for driving to library club meetings on Saturday night and church on Sunday morning, right?

6. kylemoto

kylemoto Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    robiferretti I thought you said this a while ago?: atleast post a picture of a replicar with every post from here on in. Or start another thread, lets not hijack this one

It was your idea to stay on topic so why are you continuing to argue about the NSX vs. corvette? I agreed to your suggestion but you obviously didn't, so now let the flood gates open. It seems you have a poblem with saying one thing and doing the other - remember the breakfast thread you started? Lucky for you, someone gave you an excuse for you to start that thread before you could be called a hypocrit too many times.

Also before you start in on me remember I didn't say the corvette was slower than the NSX or vice versa. I just simply posted numbers from a respectable magazine that most likely employs respectable drivers, and made the point that the NSX was a respectable SPORTS car relative to the C5.

I agree the C5 is a much better platform to build a super fast car than the NSX - did you ever see me write differently? You must have missed my entire point.

7. kylemoto

kylemoto Rookie

Nov 9, 2003

According to your profile you are 34 years old. Really? this came from a 34 yr old? You must really have a complex problem to be needing all of that attention. I agree sometimes the attention is fun but to have a car for the purpose of making others look at you seems a little childish especially when you are 34. I think you would have done better to argue that you own the 328 becuase of the love for the marque, its heritage, styling, etc but making an argument about my car gets me more attention than your car will is childish.

By the way this quote doesn't sound like it came from someone who says "I DO NOT CARE about numbers" - posted by tifosi69 on post #49:
    "And the Vette will EAT the NSX's lunch."

Seems that you don't care about numbers when it comes to your car but as far as others go its ok? Correct me if I am wrong.

8. kylemoto

kylemoto Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    I bet the NSX guys that you know would have reacted the same way I did to your first post on a REPLICAR thread. You said it was a joke - fine that is all good but how was I or anybody else supposed to know you were not being serious?

9. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    It's the internet, no one's serious :).

10. kylemoto

kylemoto Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    please don't give him any excuses - I would like to see one of his own.

11. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

Wow...lots of hatred I have stumbled across here. Couple of quick things if you do not mind.

1.) The NSX is not a ricer-replica car. If you honestly think that you are not a sports car enthusiast at all, you are just blind.

2.) Most girls 18-30 think that an NSX, Corvette, or Ferrari are all the same car and cannot tell the difference anyway, so big flipping deal.

3.) If you bought a car just to pick up babes....good luck with that. I am sure you will get quality there.

Look, I appreciate sports cars for what they are. Ferrari makes art on wheels with sweet sounding motors, anyone will tell you that if they are honest. That is why I love Ferrari's. But I just cannot understand people thinking that all other cars in the world are inferior just because they are not a Ferrari. That is just ignorant.

Before you jump on me, I have had most everything already. Porsche, Ferrari, and currently a pair of NSX's, so I am fair about this. Please refrain from letting your love for one car blind your vision from seeing that there are other great cars out there. That is all I ask.

12. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

I do not have to come up with any excuses why I bought my NSX's. People only come up with excuses if they are insecure about something or themselves. I bought my NSX's because I like them, and really do not care if anyone else does or not. I did not by a car to pick up girls, or to do anything except make me happy. If you feel you need a car to pick up girls you really should take a second look at yourself. The NSX is great in many ways that are important to me. Do I wish that it had more power? Hell yes. Do I think that a Ferrari F355 evokes more passion from design than the NSX? Sure, it looks like art in motion. But for me the NSX is what made me happy for driving it everyday and living with it. When we had the 348ts it was always breaking and was not fun for me after about 10 months, so it went away. Lots of people I know never even saw the car or knew I had it because it was in the shop that much. When I fire up the NSX and listen to the VTEC at full roar I smile. I love that, and it is why I have the car. All I am saying is that no matter what you drive, never make excuses. If you have to, you bought the wrong car for you.

13. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Who was it on this forum, that took their real 328GTS to a kit car show at Knots Berry Farm, California. He parked his car amongst the Ferrari lineup and as he wandered about the show looking at other participants, he returned to his car to find spectators making coments that the owner of the car(the real 328) could have done some changes to make it more authentic! I thought that was great, take the real deal to the kit show and others still think its a kit!

14. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That story reminds me of the time Charlie Chaplin entered himself into a Charlie Chaplin look alike contest and didnt even win.

15. Esprit

Esprit Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CA
    The NSX is a wonderful car. I own an '03 NSX and love it. My '00 Esprit is raw, beautiful, extremely quick but my NSX is a bit better in the end. My girlfriend owns a 1998 Vette and its a gook car but with the engine in the wrong place. I always tease her about that. It definately doesn't feel as agile as my NSX or my Esprit. It feels a bit heavy pulling out of corners and after awhile it just gets boring to me(my own personal opinion) My girlfriend hates when I tell her that.

I don't understand all of the bad press on the speed of the NSX. It is very fast to me. I will beat on that car everyday of the week and it seems to run better. It is so extremely reliable even after working it very hard day in and day out. It corners amazingly well and I will get to 120mph very quickly all day long without worries. Not too many sportscars can do that without major service bills....

In the end, we are all car enthusiasts on this forum and we all have our own opinions..

16. kylemoto

kylemoto Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    What? I am surprised that anyone replies to your posts (and even more surpised that I am replying).

Just what exactly does your post listed above contribute to this board? In fact look at all of your posts on this thread - what do they amount to? Your posts look like you finally caught a thought flying through the space in your skull and just had to type it on a chat site before it got away. correct?

I can't wait to hear your reply to this.

17. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    The NSX is a great car- but it's 6 years overdue for being replaced. I was fortunate enough to be able to borrow a lightly modified '92 (possibly '93) NSX for the day last year and it pretty much failed at everything it was created to be besides being reliable; It didn't feel any faster then my families '02 BMW Z3 3.0, wasn't comfortable, the interior lacked and didn't draw any attention (black/black but still..). In the first few years of production it was revolutionary but it really doesn't hold a candle to any modern performance car. Don't get me wrong, I love the car but it should have been discontinued when the 996 Porsche was released.

Agreed. :)

18. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wow Mr.Hypocrite. At least a couple of my posts have been directly related to the subject matter in this thread. Honestly not a single one of your post have whatsoever.

19. kylemoto

kylemoto Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Actually most of my posts stemmed from the very first reply to this thread. Want to go back and edit your last sentence?

20. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No not really. Because even though basicaly every single one of your post were regarding the first reply to this thread does not mean that it actually had anything to do with this thread. All of those post were nothing more than slander of the post you mentioned about. Not a single one actually had anything to do with this thread's subject matter.
    In fact I think that your the sole reason this entire thread has degenrated from its original topic..

21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    One thing I've noticed in this thread and the subaru thread is that everyone has seemed to own a Ferrari in the past..or have driven one,or also owns a Ferrari. I would really like to see some sort of verifacation of these claims.

Anybody in there right mind would know how much more of a car a Ferrari would be compaired to an NSX. The NSX is a cookie cutter performance car. They feel very much like driving..well..a Honda. Nothing speacial about the steering feel, nothing speacial about the exhaust note, nothing speacial about they way it looks, nothing really that unique about the car in any respect except for the all aluminum construction. which it common place now anyway.

If i had to drive either a Ferrari or the Honda everyday...well the Honda would win obviously..but I would still be craving the Ferrari.

So the 348 broke down so much that your friends didn't beleive you that you owned one? Your so full of crap you can't see straight can you!!

I would like you to post pic's of the service's bills for the car. I would like you to post a pic of the car you owned..alnog with the serial number.

You mayhave an NSX...but you NEVER owned a Ferrari.

22. kylemoto

kylemoto Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    You are exactly right in your second sentence. However, as far I me being the reason this thread turned into this - I beg to differ. In fact your buddy Rob was the first to post off topic here! If it had not been for his post I would have never posted. But go back and look - I did agree with Rob to let the argument end after he suggested letting the thread get back on topic. However he and others continued the discussion - I simply joined in. You on the other hand make pointless comments about everything you see here. Can you imagine how many pages this thread would be if everyone reading this thread posted **** like "I just busted out laughing"?

23. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Wow. You are right. You are so cool. You own a 82 308! Everyone who owns a NSX should be ashamed. We should all sell them to own a 22 y/o car that is slower than the Fiero that is used to make replicas with.

24. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Lol coming from a 308 owner.

25. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name: