Adobe Imageready/Animated Gif question... | FerrariChat

Adobe Imageready/Animated Gif question...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by rob lay, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm trying to get HG Parts new animated gif banner set with my standard border. I always have them send a 200 by 100 image and then I center it on a 204 by 104 black background.

However, I can't figure out how to copy all the layers across to the new 204 by 104 image. It just copies the final layer.

Can someone help me out. I would rather someone show me how vs. just doing it. Here's the 200 by 100 from Heiko.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  3. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    I'll check but i think you have to go to the LAYERS and Select all layers.... But hang on a second or two

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    not sure what you are trying to accomplish. but I can set up some kind of template for you if you want.

tips when working with imageready (which is kinda quirky IMO but I still use it) - use layers, hide/show, etc. when you add a frame, add one for the current image-look that you want. modify it for the next shot and then create a new slice of the animated gif. one huge tip for you - because that image you posted is H U G E for what it is/does - try to use tweening, which will basically make up on it's own what to do with the images. this helps so you don't have to put the car moving in each frame. just the start and end - tweening between em.

5. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    what he said....

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I want the image like it is (although 2nd priority is make it smaller than 80k or whatever). Priority #1 is inserting the 30 layers into a new image with the border without loosing the layers. I can't figure that out for the life of me.

7. djoex

djoex Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe Yeung
    Im not sure if i understood but why dont you go to Image, then go to Canvas Size and resize to 204 x 104, add a layer and make it black, position it to be you r first layer, that should work... is this how you want it to look??

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Doh!!! Why didn't I think of that. Thank you very much!

Now does anyone want to tackle tweening or transparent background so it looks the same, but takes up less memory?

Thank you!
    rob

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, I just looked up Tweening before, I remember doing that with Flash way back when that started.

The image is 64k now. Seems like the image could be more efficient to have just one layer for the background and then to have everything but the image and type transparent. Would this cut down on the size?

10. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Rob, can you throw up the psd file or whatever file you have on here to play with? I'd like to take a look and see if there are any corners to take or any suggestions I can make as far as cutting back the size. No promises, would just like to toy with it. Or else, drop me an email with the file.

Thanks!

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't have the psd file, someone in Europe did this for Heiko. Even with just the gif though it breaks down into the 32 layers in Imageready.