Some cool concert pictures | FerrariChat

Some cool concert pictures

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jordan747_400, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Well today was a big day for me. One of the orchestras I play with does a very unique series of 8 concerts every season that are geared twoards young people. We bus in thousands of 5th graders from all over California do a fun program with balet dancers, singers, disney tunes, and the most famous classical pieces. The goal of the series is to get more young people inspired in music and the arts. One of the coolest features about this concert series is the location...We get to play at the Orange County Performing Arts Center, a very presitgious concert house out here in Southern California. Its always a unique thrill whenever I play there...just a beautiful place. I've done about 20 concerts there but since Im leaving this orchestra next year for college this was the last performance I will do there as a part of this special concert series.So as a way to celebrate I brought the camera along with me and got a few shots! Going to miss the orchestra I suppose...have been the principal bassist here for 2 years.

Now Im off to bigger and better things...Touring Europe for the first time this semester and I will get to play at all the famous opera houses and festivals in Italy and Austria. Even still, participating in a series like this is memorable...Just think who we might have inspired to play music in the audience. The next great virtuoso?

I did two seperate concerts here this morning, totalling just under 10,000 5th graders :)

2. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Sounds pretty cool to me Jordan.Congrats.

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Jordan, Thats amazing.

4. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    I agree. Truly inspiring...

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Thanks guys...Though sometimes I feel weak and want to sell my bass to buy a 308, its days like this that remind me why Im playing music :)

6. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Stick with it - music not only touches your soul, but touches the soul of masses...I know exactly how you feel.

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Very impressive Jordan, Let me know if you ever play Bass Hall in Ft. Forth, TX.

8. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Jordan,

Congrats. I know from having been in music myself and now having a son who also plays in an orchestra (violin) how awe inspiring it can be to be a part of such a thing. I know you will look back on it years from now and really feel good about all the effort it took.

Since you can understand the feeling, let me tell you what happened to my son two days ago. He finished his last concert two weeks ago and last week they had auditions for chair assignments for the May concert. He got bumped down two seats because the messed up a little on the second piece he auditioned with. He had been practicing his violin in his room and got a phone call. He came in the den and got the wireless and took it back to his room. He had laid his violin down of the bed to get the phone and when he went back in he just turned around and sat down on the bed to speak on the phone. Consequently he sat on the violin and cracked the top near the bridge in two places about 3 inches long each. Now this old violin was hand built in the late 1800's and he was told by the principal violinist of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra that he would not tell him how much it is worth because he would probably stop playing it. Needless to say, he was very bummed about doing it. I got him a rental to play while this one is being repaired (will take about a month). He went to rehearsal last night and had to stop and retune the rental 5 times the first hour and broke the E string the second hour. He came home even more bummed. I think when he gets his good violin back he will make sure it is in the case with the case closed before he leaves it anywhere.

Again, congratulations on your accomplishments. I wish you well as you advance your music forward. from here. Let me know where you are going to college.

9. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Hey James, thanks for the compliments :)

Im really sorry to hear about your sons past couple of days! They always say seating in an orchestra doesnt matter. It indeed shouldnt, but who cant help but be disappointed after loosing a couple of seats...its just natural. Terrible news about the instrument as well! I have an almost unnatural love for my instrument --as any musician should! I would go crazy if anything happened to it!

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats Jordan - Nice pics. :)

Your European trip sounds like fun! Make sure to visit the Ferrari Factory.

11. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Cool Jordan! I actually think that I was at that Center for a field trip in elemantary school. But I think it was more like 3rd grade if it was there that I went.

12. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Very cool Jordan.

When are you going to europe and for how long? What will we do without your crystal cove photos??? :)

Dom

13. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Hah! Im sure someone can take a few shots to replace mine :)

Ill be gone for 2 weeks starting in late June I believe. If you guys like these pictures, just wait until I get back from Europe :)

Any European members interested in concert dates? Id love to meet up with some of you guys out there!

14. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Lana is speechless...... Actually we both think it is awesome. You are a very special guy and we are proud to know you. Lana wants to go to one of your concerts.
    I'm trying to figure out what model F car your instument will fit in..... 456 maybe??

15. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Any convertible...

Jordan, great stuff. Congrats!

Please post your concert dates and locations.

16. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Thanks Rick, Lana! The date of my last concert with this orchestra is May 2nd at 4pm. It will be at Chapman University in Orange. You are more than welcome to come (along with anyone else interested!). Just let me know and Ill get you guys some tickets

If I can get 5 or 6+ Ferrari guys interested in going I could probably be able to swing you guys some nice concours style parking on the front lawn in front of the concert hall. How cool would that be :)

No Ferrari is really practical, but there couldnt be one more practical for me than this :)

17. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I meant the Euro concert dates and locations...

18. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Those I dont know yet actually, but as soon as I get them I will pass them on to you guys!

19. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    cool man! Are you also going to play in The Netherlands??? :)

20. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Jordan, that's a great story! Thanks for sharing.

21. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Jordan, it's no secret - you're the man...! Hot stuff, my friend; keep me posted on this Euro trip... i wanna hear all about it when you get back... If need be, i'll mail you some of my memory sticks so you can take whore-loads of pictures... You're gonna have to be the eyes for a lot of us... i'm sure i'm not the only one who envies you... :)

22. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Euro tour sounds awesome, Jordan. Any plan for an Asian tour? :)