All set and ready to go | FerrariChat

All set and ready to go

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Modificata, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Well this weekend might be the weekend guys. Off to France to see and hopefully buy a Mondial t. Here is the spec:

Red with beige leather
    LHD
    15K Miles
    2 owners from new
    Immaculate condition inside and out
    Serviced 3 months ago
    2 brand new extra tyres coming with the car (BoNuS)
    Full Service history

If the car is as described then i'll be a Ferrari owner on Sunday. If not then we fly back.

Everything is arranged so we should be ready to fly. Im taking a Ferrari mechanic with me do check the car out. Hopefully will come out clean. I'd hate to have to fly back!

I'll post pictures of my adventure when I return.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Nice 1 .Let's hope the car's a good 'un.Good luck.
    Tony

3. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Adnaan

Got me fingers crossed for yuh!

Hope you don't need Hagrid's services!LOL!

When you post a picture of the car, can you also post a picture of the cash you used? Bet the wad looks pretty damn impressive!

Stig

4. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good luck, I know the feeling. I had to go to Birmingham to get mine.....not quite the same I know.

If you are driving back, you are gonna love it. Make sure you stash a couple of cases of wine in the back seats.

5. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    The wad is actually not that impressive. What with 500 Euro notes!

As for the Wine. Well the back seats are gonna be full of tyres, but maybe the boot space!

6. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Adnaan, i hope it works out well dude and i hope its as described.Its a kind of exciting gut fealing ey? Genuine stupid question now, why France? and are good mondials hard to find in the UK, and is it a left hand drive.

7. polartech

polartech Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Geoff
    >
    The wad is actually not that impressive. What with 500 Euro notes!
    <

- This is a good thing.... so psychologically you`re not spending THAT much on your new toy.... are you?!! ;-)

Good luck. I hope you get to drive back home in style!!

8. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    good luck.

and dont forget to bring back the duty free!, Mondials have a fair old amount of storage space!!!

9. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Cheers Andrew - Im gonna have fun filling up the boot!

As for for the money it seems like nothing! I had to count it again just to check is that it??? You gotta be kidding!Wheres the rest! Movement of currencies meant that the rate changed to the tune of £150 in two days. Oh well you cant win em all!

Finally Chaa. Why France? Well its the best value Mondial t i've seen around. Not the cheapest but definately the best value. I didnt pick out France, but it just so happened that the car is located there. Looked in the UK and Germany for a while and then this popped up. Low miler and good condition. SPoke to the dealer and the car seemed good. Only way to find out was to check it out. Plus LHD doesnt bother me. It'll be my 5th LHD car so im used to sitting on the wrong side. And compared to RHD its a big saving. Some people would only buy RHD but im more flexible.

10. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Adnaan,

I went through the same thing when I went to buy my 308 in Geneva.I didn't sleep for 36 hrs before. Flew out there with a rucksack full of CHF. I had checked the dealer out by speaking to the owners club there and I was going to buy a 77 308GTB with 1200km and the plastic upholstery covers still on it ! When I got there discovered that it was undrivable as all the seals had gone and needed a lot of attention.If I returned to UK the exchange rate + trip would have set me back £2,5k + and would have put me out of the car hunt for a while. i then conviced the dealer to speak to the owner of a black QV that was there for service to see if he would sell and after an agonizing wait he did ... I drove it back in the most appauling conditions and by the time I arrived I was awake for over 72 hrs. This was one of the best and most exhillerating 3 days I've ever lived !!!

Enjoy every moment and good luck !!!

Philip

11. Dan_London

Dan_London Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Sussex, UK
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Best of luck Adnaan.

I friend of mine has owned a couple of Mondials - he upgraded his QV to a T and was delighted with the car.

Fingers crossed for you...
    Dan

12. tomkranz

tomkranz Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Berkshire
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Adnaan,

Good luck. Sounds like an excellent car, and I'm sure the drive back will be fun :)

Cheers,
    TOM