Anyone going to Le Mans this year ? | FerrariChat

Anyone going to Le Mans this year ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by exiges, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    TopGear magazine are running an offer for the event in June.. something like £99 a head if you want to camp by the track, or £250 a head to stay in a nearby hotel.

Anyone going this year ?

Quite fancy a blat down the Autoroutes

2. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Stewart and I are definitely going - we may even stop off in Paris on the way to down. Get the 360 serviced and grab a quick night to paint the town red!! We got in a hotel last year for £70 per room per night - how many nights in the hotel is the Top Gear offer for?

We are going with a crowd, including from this forum I believe Nizza and JimmyB.

3. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I'll be going, I always go and it is the best event of the year bar none in my opinion.

I will be going in the Dino with a group of about 20 in a wide variety of cars. We will be camping beside the track and consuming copious amounts of beer and wine as is the protocol in LeMans.

All being well we will be having a mini 'Rock Concert' in the Maison Blanche campsite on Friday evening as we did last year. Loom forward to seeing other Fcars there.

4. rikilamb

rikilamb Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    surrey
    Full Name:
    riki lamb
  5. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

I have to agree with Mal's sentiments, Le Mans is without doubt the the best and finest motoring event of the world. I have been going since 1991 and will be their again this year. I am just wondering how i am going to get the RS6 and the 355 down thier. Problems, problems all around, never mind i am sure i'll get it sorted.

We should try and organise a meet and drive out for all F-Chatters attending.

Regards

Stewart

6. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Some sort of hostellerie should be arranged whereby a noticeboard should be placed for contact numbers, approximate plans and walkie talkie frequencies.

This year should see nationalistic pride reach even higher levels. The race will finish at 4pm and England vs France in the Euro championship kicks off at 5pm.

This easily calls for another large quantity of beer to be consumed after the race before "leisurely" heading off for blighty on Monday.

7. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip

Don't forget me ...

8. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    355fiorano - I could never forget you - nor would I want to (you still owe money for that make up/moisturising cream!)

HAHAHAHA

9. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Who do I give it to ? I had also asked also to get a charity slip for tax reasons but never folowed up.

Anyway this make up/moisturizing/pampering stuff made great pressies and I got good feedback from the users. I still have the two bottles for men and feel it detrimental to my macho image to use them but I might as well !!!

Cheers

P.S Seriously PM me to whom/which charity to make a cheque to or bank transfer

10. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I just noticed we both have 155 posts to our names :)

11. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I just thought I'll post a couple to show you my tail lights !

12. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    LeMans will be fun :D

13. darhart

darhart Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    london
    Full Name:
    darren
    Going down on thursday, camping in Houx Annexe. I cant believe some of you are thinking about staying in a hotel! The campsites are where everything happens.

14. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Are any of you guys doing the FOC trip with three laps on the circuit on the morning of the race? Ferrari parking supposed to be for around 100 Ferraris

RAY360m

15. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Been there done that, 10 laps in the 355 at the last Classic Le Mans (full 24 hour circuit).

On the subject of camping, it is indeed good fun and having camped at three of the 'track' sites i can whole heartedly recommend it. I can also recommend staying in hotels especially if thier is a group of you going.

So as someone with many years of Le Mans experiance, if your going for the first time, hotels or camping you will have a fantastic time.

Stewart

16. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Thanks for your reply SMPATON but i was not really looking for been there done that boys i was asking maybe to meet up with like minded Ferrari nuts like me that have been there loads of times before to meet up THIS YEAR that are going with the Ferrari Owners Club Enjoy your Teeshirt

RAY360M

17. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

You need to chill out Ray

18. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'd be up for it if anyone has a spare seat...

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    just a little warning from someone living in France..

Cops are now much more severe and there a lot more of them waiting for us to get caught !
    Speed has become the N1 threat in France ( almost !! ) .Dont want to break your balls ..just a warning !

20. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I would be up for a meet sometime on the Friday - late morning or lunchtime would be favourite I think.

To me camping is the way to go as it is a big part of it, but I know plenty of people who go and enjoy it in a hotel.

I am not on the FOC trip partly because I booked it long before I saw that and partly because a
    i Want to go with the lads I always go with most of whom dont have Fcars. I would be interested in a drive round the circuit but I think it is early Saturday morning and I will have a huge hangover at that time!

21. darhart

darhart Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    london
    Full Name:
    darren
    The guys from pistonheads.com have arranged a meet at the mulsanne corner at 10am on the friday. Could be a good place? And there will be plenty of other brits and exotica.

22. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Hi Darren,

Have you been before? its a great spot and time to meet so long as every body is aware that 'Mad Friday' is quite shall we say exciting.

Regards

Stewart

23. darhart

darhart Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    london
    Full Name:
    darren
    Yep went last year, booked up for this year about 3 weeks after getting back :)

24. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Mal,

Whats is you choice of weapon is it ther F-Car or the RS6? I cannot make up my mind.

Stewart

25. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    Definately the Fcar, especially now the Gendarme are more vigilant. For me LeMans needs to be done in a sports car and preferably one with no roof. Last year and most years since the mid '80's I have taken my Austin Healey 3000, but I did also take my Maserati 3200GT for a couple of years, but how I didnt get arrested is anybodys guess.

'Mad Friday, of course, is nothing like it used to be, but still good fun. The only reason I am reluctant to commit to the pistonheads meet is the time - 10am is a little early for us on the Friday. I think nearer lunchtime would be better as things always seem to take forever to get going in the mornings at the campsite - could be something to do with alcohol!