How do I find my key code? | FerrariChat

How do I find my key code?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Birdman, Mar 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hi Everyone,
    I would like to have a couple of new keys made for my 308. Where do I find my key code so I can have the keys made from "scratch" rather than as a copy of my exisiting worn key? Is it stamped somewhere on the ignition lock?

Thanks!

Birdman

2. MRFOTOS

MRFOTOS Karting

May 26, 2003
    Maui, Hi
    Yes I was told that the numbers are on top of the lock case, but it can't be seen without removing it or taking the dash apart.

3. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Birdman,

If you have the original warranty and service booklet for your car, the key codes have been filled in by the dealership on the first page. If you don't have the booklet, call the dealership where your car first sold. They might have retained page 2 which has the same information filled in.

Barry

4. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    If i remeber correctly, if you send in a copy of your reg. to your local dealer, they can fax it into FNA, who will in turn get the keys cut.

5. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I dropped by Steve Harris Imports last monday and inquired about original 308 keys....they're not available anymore. If you want a 'factory' key, you'll need to shell out for a F-40 Keyblank. I have one, but the key is longer than the 308 ignition tumbler. I had mine cut at the nearest TrueValue hardware store from the keys that I had - they, too, were not originals that came with the car. Therefore, I have a $60 key that takes some finagling to get it to turn the car over.....does FNA 'REALLY' keep everyone's ignition key profile info on file? I'm not seeing how that would be possible.