Tubi sport pack fitted - WOW!! | FerrariChat

Tubi sport pack fitted - WOW!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jjustin, Mar 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjustin

jjustin Karting

Jan 20, 2004
    East Anglia - UK
    Full Name:
    Justin.b
    Hi everyone,

I posted this over at PH this morning but I wanted to share my excitement over here with you guys as well:

==
    Well, I've had my 355 for nearly a month now and I've just had the Scuderia boys fit a Tubi sport pack!

JEEESSSSUSSSS CHRIST!!
    What can I say! This is the best money I've ever spent on anything in my whole damn life!!

I thought the car sounded quite nice stock, then I had the bypass valve wired open to try and give me a bit more noise, but this Tubi kit is simply EPIC!!

I simply cannot begin to try and explain the sound to any of you who've not heard a 355 equiped with a Tubi & de-cat!

I'd seen loads of video clips of Tubi'd 355's, but nothing could prepare me for what it actually sounds like in real life. The video clips are OK, but you've got no idea about how sweet this setup is and just how beautifully creamy it sounds until you've heard one with your own ears! It sounds ALOT different to the video's!

I was sitting chatting with Manu in the Scuderia office when Ajay drove past it the front of Scuderia Systems and it sounded real good.
    Ajay came round to the carpark where Manu and I were waiting and jumped out of the car leaving it idling.

I was very happy, it sounded great.

Manu turned to Ajay and said "Let him hear it then!". Ajay jumped back in the car and gave it a huge rev. JESUS CHRIST, the SOUND!!!!!!!
    I literally nearly fell over and Manu had to steady me! I was NOT prepared for that!!!

I was laughing hard and giggling like a schoolgirl, and was totally lost for words! I kept opening my mouth and nothing would come out! I was shaking and giggling and I apparently looked like I was about to expolode! When noises started to come out of my mouth, amongst the incomprehensible jibberish I think the only things that were understandable were lots of naughtly words!!

At idle, the sound is 'rumbly' with a slight 'edge' to it. As you start accellerating, the slightly metallic 'bark' that you normally get in a 355 is replaced by something I can only describe as CREAM! There's alot of bass at the low end, lots of cream in the middle, and a high pitched scream at the top end, and this is all at the same time! You hear all three different notes at the same time at any RPM! It's as smooth as silk and such a beautifully lush and creamy sound. It's not at all 'harsh' in the way it sounds in the video clips.

If anyone of you out there has something like a 355 and you haven't got a Tubi yet, speak to Manu and Ajay right now. I promise you will not regret it and it really makes the car sound like an F1 car, but smooooother!

The Tubi sport pack is the exhaust, cat removal and new air filters, and the transformation is simply unbelievable!

I got my Dad to stand behind the car and gave it a couple of cracks on the throttle and shot blue flames at him

The journey home was spent in low gears at high revs and the amount of cars that stuck either next to me or behind me with their windows open was quite amusing. Everyone loves the noise so far!

Thank you so much Manu & Ajay!
    This is what a Ferrari is meant to sound like!

I'm very excited, does it show?
    I'm still giggling like a little girl and my cheeks ache from all the grinning!

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Welcome to Fchat, Justin.
    Totally agree with all your comments about Tubi and Scuderia Systems.Great product coupled with great sales team.
    We'll haveto get you out on one of our drive-outs. There are quite a few Tubi nuts on this Board, myself included, and it's a proper noise-fest once we start blasting around.
    Tony

3. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Justin - had mine done a couple of weeks ago too. I can totally 100% relate to all of your experiences. Drove 200 miles home and the amount of people opening windows, following me, moving out of the way, thumbs up etc - I thought I'd transformed into Brad Pitt or someone the amount of attention the car (not me !!) was getting.

Still get the 'tingling' feeling everytime I'm about to take it for a spin/drive.

Maybe we should have a 355 Tubi meet ???

Rick

4. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Guy's i need so much to hear this wonderful noise,
    roll on the summer,

Dale.

5. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Is there any 355 owners in the Midlands in the uk that has a Tubi on there car that i can listen to? I have never heard one and feel left out.

6. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #6 360CS, Mar 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Chaa,

Tony H has the Tubi with cats removed it sounds awesome!! When we all meet up for ride out about 4-5 cars Tubi ,s on its an awesome sound you can never forget..

J

Maybe we can do a video piece on thenext rideout with sound clip
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy

Your only in the midlands i'm surprised you haven't heard us lot blasting round the M25.
    It really is beautiful music.

Andy

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  9. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Nice Tony,gives one some idea of the nice sound these tubi's give,

cheers
    Dale.

10. 355BOY

355BOY Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    the North
    Full Name:
    Mark

Is it me or is that videoing pathetic?

Is that supposed to be a sales video?

:)

Mark

11. lotusk

lotusk Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London UK
    what about the backfiring you get when the cats are removed.
    not pleasant but nobody mentions it

12. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    How long do they need the car for to do the tubi & cats?

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    It should be longer ........

14. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Approx 4 hours - let it cool down etc...

Quite like the flames coming out of the back - what's the problem ? (is doesn't backfire as in a bang)

15. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Never had this happen to me, tho' if you change up @ high revs, you might get some flames !

16. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Sorry to bring up the £££ bit but how much does it cost to get it done?
    Dave McGuire

17. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Tubi & cats out = £2200.

18. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'm interested in a Tubi, but am concerned about too much deviation from the standard set-up. e.g. MOT time.

One of the appeals of the standard set up to me is that it sounds loud under acceleration, but relatively hushed at cruise. But I would like more 'character' at low revs, overrun etc.

Has anyone had just the Tubi silencer fitted rather than the full de-cat and did it improve things noticeably over standard?

What is the effect on interior noise for lengthy periods- does it cause unpleasant resonances in the cabin at a cruise?

19. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    JRS on here was running -until y'day- a Tubi exhaust with cats. It sounds 1000 % better than stock set up IMO.There will defo. be resonance between 1.5 -4 k revs but it's far from unpleasant to my ear.As for MOT time, you will need a friendly tester to pass without cats but should be fine with them on.
    Why don't you come along on 2 May to Brooklands and hear a few . There should be a good turnout.
    Tony

20. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Cheers Tony,

I'll try and meet you folks at Brooklands- it's my brother's birthday that w/e, so I might be elsewhere. Alternatively, I might get him down to Brooklands! It'd be good to put faces to usernames...

Robert.

21. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Robert

I have a 355gts which still had the cats installed. As Tony says it is 1000% better than a standard car but still does not sound as good as 355 de-cat. In either installation the noise is not intrusive and I do not have any resonance in the car. It is loud but I like it that way. Not sure what the neighbours think.

regards
    James

22. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Cheers James,

After all the rave reviews I'll perhaps take Scuderia up on their 'no risk trial' soon!

Regards

Robert.

23. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This is a great thread. Just great :D It is something of a revelation to hear the difference this makes on a car that is already a benchmark. A Tubi/decat 355 is as good as it gets IMO. Reminds me of how I felt the moment my 360 Modena was first fired up with a Tubi; made it sound more like a 355 than the stock 'spoon rattling around in a tin' sound. Just wonderful, and massive job satisfaction for the boys at Scuderia to see your response to it. I'm getting the Tubi NGT system fitted to the Stradale next week, and reading this post is heightening the anticipation.

If you're anywhere within striking distance of Cambridge Jason, we should go for a blast.

Kevin

24. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Has anyone owned/heard a 328 with Tubi? Can you get a Tubi for a 328..similar cost/noise difference?

25. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Marc

I had a Tubi on my 328 and it was spectacular. It was not too noisy and gives the car a very rich sound. Anyone who hears it loves it. The car is now back for sale at Talacrest and if you call Guy he will attest to the sound or if you are not too far from Egham you could pop in and hear it.

regards
    James