Went to Gold Coast Bently Today. | FerrariChat

Went to Gold Coast Bently Today.

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariSlave, Dec 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. went to gold coast bently on n.rush st in downtown today it was a really nice place great people they sold jewlery also they had quite a selection of fine automobles. 2 360 spiders red with challange grills,1 black mondena coupe,E55 grey,Audi RS6 grey,Porsche TT Cabrio,Porsche Cheyenne Turbo,2 2004 SL600's, 1 yellow porsche GT3, and ofcouse two bently didnt really pay attention to them to much I was more interestead into the ferraris and how in the world can I forget they had a yellow mucrialgo with black interior.

The place is very elegant inside and sells very fine jewlery like jacob and co etc. Nice place to check and eat at the rosebud to :)

To bad I didnt bring the digi cam I could have got a load of pictures.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I totally love that showroom. IMHO the most extravagant and fantastic looking showroom I've ever seen (and I've been to quite a few around the world).

I had my camera with me, but they frowned on it. Not sure how serious they were. This would be a great place for a photo shoot. Mouthwatering...

3. Well there where alot of people peeled to the window they didnt really react to them. But they where moving a Alpina Z8 and an aston martin DB7 outside and opened the double doors and people just kind of came in there where really friendly to everyone.

The place used to be a resturant or it looks like it was the stairs that go upstairs the floors and the booth thats elevated when you walk in looks like a old resturant but the place is stunning.

The RS6 and E55 looked great the Black 360 and the yellow murci where incredible.

I read somewhere they are the top bently dealer in the country they should have a website it would be nice.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    They always have a nice selection of Bentley's,Rolls Royces,Lambo's,Ferrari's,and others at their "sister store" Bentley Downers Grove. But,that location is too small for their operation,and there's little parking to get out and look around. But,they do have some beautiful cars.

5. I was wondering if there is more to there location in downtown on rush but they had alot of cars parked out side like the Alpinia Z8,SL600 etc do they have a garage or something out back. ?

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    (I read somewhere they are the top bently dealer in the country they should have a website it would be nice.)

They do www.luxurymotors.com

7. oh thats there website didnt know thanks.

The site didnt match the gold coast bently name. I been to downers grove luxury motors location before.

8. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
  9. yep found there website nice place and really nice people unlike some of the other people at exotic car dealers.

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Guys, it's Bentley, not 'Bently'. :)

I know they're flashy, but to date I haven't heard anyone who's dealt with them personally, say anything good about them (at least at the Downers Grove store).

This is only hearsay, as I haven't dealt with them myself.

The only contact that I've had with them, was when I made a call to them with a question about a Roller (per the suggestion from Randy at Continental). I left a voice message and, needless to say, my call was never returned.

This X's them in my book; so I bought the parts I needed from Albers.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Had to kill some time and went there yesterday. Just for kicks, should have brought my camera along. The place is absolutely stunning. I hope that LFSC and Continental send their interior architect over there to get some pointers. But I have little hope, from the ad I have seen from LFSC their new show room will be huge and boring. No sense for the arts.
    :(

12. I have had some expearience with luxury motors on a 97 SL600 a while ago there dealer was pretty nice and the people there where also nice the deal didnt go thru but I would check them out again. As for the Bentley on rush the place is really nice inside. I havent been to LFSC but the new place on there website looks really nice. Is it open yet ?

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You thought that looked nice? I thought it looked boring. What is it with these dealers (other than Bentley Gold Coast)? When you sell a Ferrari, you sell more than a car, you sell the history, sports legend, the tradition, Italy, the myth! Be a little creative, have some huge posters with B/W pictures on the wall, some roman columns, some Italian paintings, wine racks, what have you.

But you look at these places and they're all big white rooms with red cars. Like an upscale public parking. No imagination.

LFSC will open in April. The new Continental expansion is also slated for around that time. I just hope they get an interior architect. Heck, they can call me, I'll do it for free.

14. Well I didnt see any of the interior but the exterior on there website the sketch of the new place looked nice. But Gold Coast is one of the nicest exotic car dealers I have seen.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not to be argumentative and it is hard to discuss matters of taste, but tell me: What dealer was nicer than Gold Coast? Seriously.

Not to make a mountain out of a mole hill, but I have been to many dealerships around the world and never ever found one more extravagant and elegant. It is almost as if there is a guideline from the Ferrari factory, that you can't have a splendid show room. They ALL look like shoe boxes. Whether in Italy, Switzerland or the USA, I still haven't found one place nicer than Bentley Gold Coast.

PS: I'm not being paid for this advertisement.
    :)

16. Thats what I said I havent found a better looking exotic car dealer anywhere then Gold Coast bently the place looks like it used to be an old resturant but still its gorgous the floor everything the colors the walls and never the less the cars.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ok. I was just picking up on your "one of the nicest places". Because I don't know of any nicer place. If there is one, please tell me and I happily travel there. This place beats them hands down.

So far one of the nices Ferrari dealerships I have seen was the one from Beverly Hills after they remodeled, but it still looks more like your average GM/Ford/Chrysler shop than an exotic dealer. Same goes for the rest of all the Beverly Hills dealerships. Symbolics, which has some of the nicest cars, looks like more like Walmart, that's how cramped and undecorated the place is.

18. yeah most of the places are just glass and regular tile flooring with desks on the side. Gold Coast has those really nice wooden desks flat screens all around impressive show room indeed.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not to mention the oil paintings and frescos on the wall, the palm trees inside, the lavish wood, the dark coloring, the spot lighting, the accessories shrine. In one word, they got class.

20. SAF1

SAF1 Karting

Jun 26, 2003
    OC CA & Bangkok
    Full Name:
    Steve
    STAY AWAY FROM lUXURY MOTORS AND BENTLY GOLD COAST.

THEY ARE A SHADY BUSINESS. I BOUGHT A CAR FROM THEM AND HAD A WORST EXPERIANCE OF CAR BUYING WITH THEM. I BUY CARS EVERY YEAR AND NEVER HAD THIS KIND OF EXPERIANCE WITH ANYBODY ELSE..

BE AWARE!

21. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I looked at a 308 Lux Motors had last year...
    Kind of pushy... but they did let me drive it without much ado. They essentially threw me the keys, and I drove it in a monsoon! Rained like stink!

The new LFSC is HUGE, not big on all the amenities - but they do have a putting green inside - BEAT THAT! More original than a load of marble...
    But lets face it, to really get you excited, what they need is a huge selection (LFSC definitely has that), and something none of them have.... a lot of beautiful italian women lingering around in that nice tight italian leather offering you a beer.

22. Nice italian woamen serving beer at LFSC. ?? Bentley Gold Coast was a nice place cant really comment on service because I havent personally bought anything from them. But they looked and sounded professional when I visited around Christmas time.

I did however look at a couple Sl500's and SL600's at Luxury Motors before they where also quick to give the keys but wernt pushy afterwards.