Zo6 Vs Ferrari's on Nurburgring Video | FerrariChat

Zo6 Vs Ferrari's on Nurburgring Video

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by allanlambo, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Unbelievable!! Awesome soundtrack! Looks like a quick driver in the zo6, they're really fast cars and I might try to pick one up an off lease one out of college as a daily driver. Probably cost a chunk... we'll see. Superb video though, thanks for sharing it! :)

2. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    '01 Z06's can be had for less than $30k. Later this year the '02's should be there too. Great buy for the $$$

3. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    cool video, but why do i get the impression you posted it to prove the point that a track bred ferrari can be out gunned by a car that costs 1/4 the price? in the ferraris defense they were "older" ferraris, the newest being the 355. which has about the same weight and power as the Z06 anyway.

4. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Great video, i would love to get on that track!

5. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Actually the 355 has a little less power, but A LOT less torque. It is one of the reasons I could never understand why the 355's or other FCars cost so much. But after riding in a 355, I wish I had bought one instead of my Z06. No comparison in workmanship or interior quality.

Really cool video.
    Thanks

6. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    the Z06 is a huge bang for the buck and no doubt the drive was good. At the same time it looked like the Ferrari's where driving together.

7. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Thanks for the video...hadn't seen that one. But "Z06 vs. Ferraris"? The Ferraris were obviously not driving at the limit, obviously letting the Z06 pass, and likely driving together... the video was titled "Ferrari Club". The only "vs." depicted in that video was the sound... the Z06 sounded really pathetic compared to the Ferraris it was passing.

8. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland

I agree.

9. fastaone

fastaone Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Peter F
  10. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    That was great fastaone, but beatdown was gutbusting hilarious. What a *****.

11. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    This was the quote on the website:
    And of course there is the famous "Ferrari Days" at the track...

Mark of course, had to show up and display the power of the Awesome Z06, leaving the Ferrari's in the dust!

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Oh, and before everyone starts saying i posted it to show Ferraris losing, it looks to me like the Ferraris were out for a walk in the park, while he was taking a leisurely jog.

13. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I have a cousin that owns a Z06 and we play all the time. The only thing I've gotto say is that there is no way a stock Z06 is gonna go by a 355 like that. Unless maybe if AllanLambo is driving. I am still waiting to see how you got beat by the Mustang in your 355.

14. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Rick -

You aren't serious here, are you? Surely you don't think the whole Ferrari experience is about torque?? If I had to pick one aspect of a car that is consistently overblown in importance, it is the torque figure. F1 cars have pathetic (compared to hp) torque figures. Ask any automotive engineer, he'll tell you what really determines a car's performance characteristics is the width of its power band, which is why cars like the 360 and E46 M3, both of which are not torque monsters, perform so well...they have high redlines and broad usable power bands.

Gary

15. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I like Z06's they are a GREAT buys for the buck.

16. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Hilarious it was but that was a set up. The way the horn is positioned on the 355 wheel it's not posibble to hit it with your head.

17. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Nice clip, but it did not look like the Ferrari's were trying to hard to me. One has to love the Nurburgring. I only wish there was something like that in the states. Just show up, pay for a lap, after lap, after lap until my break are toast.

18. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Cool video, the guy in the ZO6 did not even appear to be working hard to pass the 348, 355 and TR. Yes, the ZO6 is a hell of a fast car. One of my friends has one, and he said about the accerlation of the car "Man, if that seat broke, it'd throw me through the BACK window!"

So big deal the Vette blew them away, we know all those cars are fast. BUT, I also think the Ferrari guys were not trying as hard, or were not as familiar with the track as said ZO6 driver. With that said, I think the 348 if properly driven could have given the Vette hell on that track. The 355 has the potential of dusting the Vette into the weeds if someone with real skill were driving it.

19. whatzmyid

whatzmyid Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Looking at the vid, I can say that neither the Z06 nor the Ferraris were pushing hard. They were just cruising around, like on a highway. The Z06 was cruising a bit faster than the Ferraris.

If you push hard on the Nurburgring by driving that line, you would definitely crash the car.

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    A stock Z06 will definately blow by a 355 EASILY.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't think anyone is questioning that. A car with 415 HP and 1.01 g's can kick some butt on the track.

22. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    If 355 driven right by someone other then Allan would give the Z06 hell.

23. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    You can take that to the bank.