First timer help | FerrariChat

First timer help

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by cfg98, Mar 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cfg98

cfg98 Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    Hi I am looking to buy my first Ferrari {I have waited a long time for this moment] an this is a significant purchase for me. I am looking at either a 97 or 98 -355 spider I am from Windsor Ontario Canada. There is a registered Ferrari dealer in Toronto and another firm that specializes in pre owned Ferrari,s. I seem to be getting diferent opinons from these 2 places and need help to safeguard myself. Could someone HELP me.
    1 any feed back on this dealer or a company AUTO FORUM in Toronto. 2 What is a 97 or 98 355 spider worth 3 What were these car,s sold for when they were new. How do they hold there resale value? 4 What do I look for as far as mechanical record,s and how do I know if they are authentic. 5 Where
    can I get history,s on a any one vehicle.
    Any insight would be great
    Regards
    Ed

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Check with KDS he is a user in Calgary but i bet he knows the F car market prices in Canada... Also the ontario TO store has been around for a while they are good people, even if some of their clients might scare you a bit.... (Howudoin...)

3. cfg98

cfg98 Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    Hi Who is KDS and how would I locate him. Also it,s not the T.O store clients that worry me it,s the other dealer {AUTOFORUM} in Toronto I am not sure of there credibility, and there product,s
    any thoughts
    Ed

4. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Hi cfg98. I just wanted to say welcome to the board. You'll get a lot of help here - also search the archives. You'll get more information than you can imagine. Good luck in your search (I'm jealous - I want a F355 too.....) :)