Took the 328 out today.... | FerrariChat

Took the 328 out today....

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Tod328gts, Mar 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Well, it may be cold out there, but it's sunny... I took the 328 to work today, first time this year....

It felt good to drive it, except for the stupid traffic and the fact it's still a bit cold to take the top off too.... It looks like it may be ok tomorrow too, will probably drive it to Bob's house to help him with his suspention on his 308.

Found out this morning, after leaving my house enroute to work, you need to be a lot carefull when your tires are still cold, they don't stick too well to the pavement... Kind of went a little sideways turning onto the street next to my house. YIKES... After driving the car a few miles, it seemed to be fine then....

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Tod. How did that Service and Tubi work out? I will probably be doing both next Winter. I only have 4500 miles/3 years on my last service now.

3. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Hey Frank,

Good to hear from you and that your doing well. My car is too, it runs great and the Tubi sounds AWESOME!!

Hey, are you going to Continental this saturday??? They are having a big all day thing with vendors and what nots there, Bob is going and i think Skip is going and i will probably be there some time early afternoon for the displays and maybe buying stuff and then saturday evening they are haveing some type of party, i will probably stop over there then too for a bit....

Glad you are able to get your computer going again, we need to catch up to california on these threads... :)

Tod

4. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Oh, and Andreas would say about your surgery or anything here, we want to see pictures... :)

5. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    I came back from Europe a few days early, so I can make the Continental thing. Maybe even pick up my car from its 60k! Should be about done by now....

6. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    The cities have laid down salt again for the snow, now we need a couple good rains to wash that crap off again.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,Tod. I have to post pictures of my back surgery,(or 100K as the doctor calls it :) ) I have 2 "Implants" with 4-3" screws holding them in,along with some Bone glue and Bone Graft. Looks really freaky in the X-Rays......So,now I have almost a pound of metal in me in various places. 2 Steel rods in my Right Femur. Wires,a plate and 6 screws in my neck. 2 plates and 4 screws in my back. And,I guess that I can count 4 Titanium clips.... From my Vascectomy!!!! (Owww!) I'll have too see just how good those Airport Metal detectors are next time I go out to Vegas or Phoenix in the next couple months. :) BTW...Bob,how did your Front end come out?

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sounds more like you're talking about the suspension job on Bob's car.
    :)

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Yes,thats what prompted me to mention that!:) I was thinking Tie Rods,Fasteners,and such

10. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Just waiting for my new front spring perches, lowing the front a half an inch, once I have those 4 to 5 hours of work and it will be ready for an alignment. Pictures from last weeks tech meeting are posted under tech get togethers showing the rear going back together

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

It's actually kind of funny. Some of An Orthopedic Surgeons tools consisit of Hammers,Drills,Files,Chisels,Screws,Plates,etc...

12. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Frank, great to hear from you! 100K, huh? Is that how much the doctors bill your insurance?

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,4 days in the Hospital was $32K. So,not counting the Doctors bill,Anesthesiologist,etc,etc,etc... I'm betting that the whole things going to add up to over $100K. Luckily,I am covered by 2 Good Insurance plans,which,so far,have picked up pretty much all of everything.:)

And,I am really glad to be back. I'm working on some great events already for anyone that will be interested. But,they'll be fun...:)

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Your added parts are probably worth more $$$ than the parts of your car.
    :)
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yup, Frank is very creative and is working on some cool events. Stay tuned. The man is a dynamo.

15. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Orthopedic surgery is basically shop class.
    Very little finess, lots of hammers, chisels, drills, a gizmo that is very close to a reciprocating saw, etc...
    Very cool, as long as it is not you on the table!

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,thanks for that,Andreas. I try....:) Yes,it's funny looking at Orthopaedic Surgical Tools. Same stuff that's in my garage,only cleaner...:)

When I was in a Motorcycle accident 22 years ago, (WARNING: Don't read this if you haven't eaten Lunch yet.....:) ) I had 4 Steel Rods going completely through my calf (Tibia)...ALL the way through-Skin.Bones,and back out the other side,so that my leg could be strung up for (3 1/2 weeks) of traction. Pretty Freaky looking,seeing Steel Rods going all the way through the width of your leg....

Anyway,when they went to,basically,screw them out. And,Hammer them out. I saw all of their Saws,Drills,Hammers,Chisels,Steel Rods,Pliers,Wires,Duct Tape,(O.K.,No Duct Tape) etc... Yikes!!!!

And,when I broke my neck in 2 places 19 years ago.I had a "Halo" Screwed into my head.----- O.K.,O.K....I'll Stop right there.....:(