Drive Saturday 3/13 | FerrariChat

Drive Saturday 3/13

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by f355spider, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Hey all,
    spontaneous drive this Saturday to Whidbey Island. Meet at the Northgate Mall parking lot (nw corner by theater) around 9am. We will depart promptly at 9:30 am heading for the Mukilteo ferry dock, 10:30am departure for Clinton. From there we will drive to Langley, a picturesque town for some sightseeing and lunch. From there we will wind our way around the island visiting Fort Casey State Park and the Deception Pass Bridge. Should be a nice day, they are expecting sunshine and mid to upper 50's!

Bring your Family Service Radio and camera.

See you there!

2. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I'm in its gonna cost me some honey dos

3. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    I'm in if you don't mind an A-car tagging along.

4. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Not at all, look forward to meeting you!

5. Brianjonesphoto

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    I'll be there. I'm also trying to get my friend with a Jalpa to join, but it's kind of a garage queen so we'll see.

6. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Has anybody had trouble with ground clearance getting on the ferry? Last time I took my vette on one, it nearly tore off the front air dam. - Tim

7. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Tim,

The 360 shouldn't have any problems. Just have to watch the approach angles. My car did just fine on our last Whidbey run.

8. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Sorry, can't make this one..................I'm taking my spyder down to Tonkin for its 5k service.

9. Brianjonesphoto

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    Can I borrow the 575 then? :D J/K

10. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'm in. Turns out I was going to visit my brother in Anacortes that day anyway. So, we'll make the trip up with everybody! - Tim

11. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Crap KUZI! I set this up cause you wanted to go. :(

Tim, not to worry on boarding the ferries, only a problem when it is an unusually low tide. I would look into this, but have not had a problem on any of our drives yet.

12. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

13. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Sorry Dave.......can't make it up in time..........next time buddy

14. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hey Dave,
    Are you guys going to meet at the last school before the ferry dock like last year, that way we can roll down as a group, I live a few blocks from the ferry, I could meet you there.
    If not, just meet at the loading dock at 10ish??

Robert

15. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Rob, probably better if you guys can just fall in behind us as we pass by, rather than stop at the school. I'll be sweating it, if we miss the boat, as we have one or two folks expecting to meet us on the other side.

Once we are all in line, then we can relax and catch up, knowing we'll all make the boat together.

16. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    BTW, I have asked Ed Wooten to lead us on the island, as I don't have a detailed map of Whidbey Island; if anyone else would like to lead us around, that would be great. My general plan was to head for Langley first for a little sightseeing and lunch, then head north, up and around that point and back across the highway (west) and then north bound on the west side of the island toward Fort Casey State Park. Then continue along the west side of the island toward Oak Harbor and the Naval Air Station. Then we can make another stop at the Deception Pass Bridge.

I am open to any other stops or detours that the group would like. This is supposed to be a "fun" drive and something you can bring the "significant other" to. Weather outlook is still good with sunshine predicted, bring those cameras!

Regards,
    Dave

17. Brianjonesphoto

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    Is the ferry dock at Mulkilto in the 21st centurey yet? Do they take debit cards?

18. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Some do, some don't, and I really don't recall if that one does or not. I ALWAYS carry cash when I anticipate using the ferry. You have PLENTY of time to hit the cash machine. :)

19. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    My neighbor has a nice place On Whidby and is planning to go on the drive, if FoS can fix his "check engine" light today. They ran the SD-1 and found two fault codes that they think will take 3 hours to repair today. He says there are some good back roads he can take us on.

20. Brianjonesphoto

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    Thanks Dave. Now I'm off to change the oil in the Alfa for tomorrow :( you Ferrari guys have it so easy with those accessible filter. I have to go in from the RF wheel well. It's kind of a PITA.

See y'all in the morning

21. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Dave, that is great. Maybe at lunch he and Ed can discuss the ideal routes to take, and agree to something. By putting them at the head and middle of the group, we could keep everyone together.

22. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Brian, okay motor oil change might be easy, but try changing the gear box oil or the battery, these often require removal of wheels and fender liners! So we feel your pain...the pain in the *ss! :)

23. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Brian,

Ferraris aren't always that easy to do either....My beast has two oil filters, a pan drain plug, a sump drain plug and 15 quarts of hot oil just waiting to spill out all OVER the place when it's uncorked.

Just ask Dave Tegeler, who let me use his floor lift. I think he's still cleaning up the mess I made. :) Just kidding! Thanks again Dave.

24. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Hope I will make it tomorrow. Thinking of taking a 550. I remember that when the ferry was shaking last time, it triggered the alarm on my 550.

Also we compared whose TUBI was louder in the ferry, pretty funny. Remember there were a bunch of high school foot ball kids in the ferry??

BTW this is my 900th posting on Fchat :) :)

25. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I think I will take the Tubi prize today!!!!! :)
    Look foward to seeing you on the run!!
    Robert