Ferrari of Washington . . . F50/F40 | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Washington . . . F50/F40

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by markr, Nov 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    I thought I would just throw it out there for those interested, FOW has a yellow F50 and a F40 on the showroom floor. Gorgeous autos they both are, espcially the F50 in yellow. Take a look if your in the Washington DC area if you get a chance.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    But dont steal it :)

I love the F50 in yellow ! Actually i love the F50 !

3. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    John,
    According to their web page they still do. I can check tomorrow as I am stopping by to have the brakes on my 355 bleed.

Chris

4. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    i'll definetly stop by tomorrow after my trip to allsport gp.

5. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    There's a F50 and F40 ? Wow!

I heard FoW had a 360 GT for sale but I wanna know if its still there?

6. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    i stopped by today. the F50 and F40 are on the showroom floor. they also have a 360CS. one of the salespersons took me to the back where they showed me the 360GT and a few other cars. they have a 333SP back there too, along with a Daytona GT driven by Paul Newman. they sell the GT cars every year so they can buy a new one to race the next year. i was also told that mattel had stopped by to take some pictures and do sketches of the 360GT for a model they are making.

what surprised me was the fact that so few people knew how succesful FoW was at GT racing. which was probably why they were so willing to take me to the back to show off their cars.

7. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I stopped by today as well, the F50 is awesome! Not much of a selection of Ferraris though. Probably just as many Maseratis. They had a 512 tr that they have had for at least 7 months, a used 360 spider for 225,a 355 spider and Berlinetta,a used 550 and a used 575.Oh, and of coarse the F40 and F50. That was it. They have a great new building, to bad they don't have many cars to go in it.

8. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    I stopped by FOW again to snap so photos. I got a few of the F50, F40, and the Stradale for you guys. When I pulled up the Stradale was sitting on the sidewalk warming up, oh what a sound. I also check out the service area and they have ton of customer/other cars in the back. Those that stood out included:

550 barchetta
    355 challenge
    a few 360 challenge cars including the no. 28 raced at VIR

Both 360GT were in the back. This years no.33 and the last years (the one for sale) as well. Last years was on the lift and was torn down. I believe Ali Ash raced this one at Daytona to help ensure that they wrapped up the manufact. championship, I believe it fiinished 11th.

Sorry I could not get any better ones than this, they were moving the cars around to wash the windows. You it is funny they only had two cars on that side of the building when I was there. Within 5 hours they had moved at least 12 cars back to that side. They work hard af FOW!!

9. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    another

10. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
  11. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Wow!!!
    Thanks Markr for those pics!

12. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
  13. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
  14. mrrou

mrrou Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    the mysterious f50 from algar has been found! who repainted it yellow?

15. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
  16. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    360CS and boy did it sound good!!!

17. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    last one

18. WilliamT

WilliamT Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    William
    markr,

Thanks for posting up the pictures. They look great! The front wheel well on the 360CS looks a bit big. Is that normal to have such a big gap?

19. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    FoW used to be out by Dulles, the Sterling Exit on the Dulles Toll Road...where are they now, and how do you get there?

20. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    They're right up the street from where they used to be. Take the Dulles Toll Road to Rt 28, then head north for 3-4 miles on 28 and you can't miss it. It's right in front of Carmax now.

-R

21. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    they were moving the CS around when i was there too. it sounds so great when you hear it in person. did you get to see them move the F40? i bet that sounded awesome too.

i took some pics too, i didn't have time to get them scanned or anything yet. i didn't get the CS though, or the 333SP, or any of the cars in the back. i wish i had my camera when i went back there, but i left it in the car.