Need Help with F355 Spider Valuation | FerrariChat

Need Help with F355 Spider Valuation

Discussion in '348/355' started by 575Mike, Mar 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hello, I am new to the Board. I would very much appreciate any thoughts or opinions as to what I should pay for either of the following two cars in which I have an interest:

1. 1996 F355 Spider. Red/Tan. One Owner w/books, records, etc. Approx. 3000 miles. Car is perfect and obviously a 6 speed. Has Tubi.

2. 1998 F355 Spider. Black/Tan. One Owner w/books, records, etc. Approx. 4000 miles. Car is perfect. It's a 6 speed. Also has Tubi and dealer installed rear challenge grill.

What is a fair price to pay for one of these above cars? Thank you in advance! Mike.

2. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have a 96 red/tan spider but not exactly sure what the market is today. Asking the people here, I think you will get a little lower value than reality. When I was looking it was the same situation. You can find a 355 spider for 75k but then you will end up puting 10k into service and cosmetics to make it the way you want it or you can pay 90 something and get a very low mile example that could have all services done. I would say the two you found if everthing else is equal should be pretty equal in price. The newer year would be offset by the red/tan lower mileage combo.

3. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    welcome Mike,

1996 was the first year with Motronic 5.2. - not the best vintage.
    A 1998 exemplar is "mellower".
    Combo Black/Tan is rare; otherwise you can find Red/Tan on every corner.
    I would estimate the late 1998 model 7.000 $ over the 1996.
    Challenge grill is nice to have but not deciding, because you can install (or deinstall) it later easily.

take the black!

cinquevalvole

4. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    What is the status of the timing belt on each car? Both should have it replaced due to age, which is recommended at 5-7 years. As I am sure you know, this is very expensive repair.