Cars, cars, cars, cars | FerrariChat

Cars, cars, cars, cars

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by robinh, Mar 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    This years supercar run will be including (so far)

AC Cobra
    Aston Martin DB6
    Aston Martin DB7
    Aston Martin DB9
    Aston Martin Vantage
    Aston Martin Vanquish
    Bently Continental R, T and GT
    Bently Arnage R and T
    BMW Z8 Alpina
    Ferrari Enzo
    Ferarri 360 spider, Modena and Challenge Stradale
    Ferrari 550 and 550 Barchetta
    Ferrari 575
    Ferrari F40
    Ferrari 355 spider
    Ferrari 328 GTS
    jaguar XKR
    Koenigsegg CCV8A
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Maserati 4200 spider and GT
    Mercedes CL65 AMG
    Mercedes SL55 AMG
    Mercedes SL500
    Mitsubishi Evo 8.5 MR
    Nobel GTO
    Porsche 996 C$S, Turbo and Turbo cabriolet
    Porsce 993 C2S
    Porsce 911 RS lightweight and Targe
    Porsche Carrera GT

These are those published. Should be a whole lot of fun

2. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Ive just sponsered Peter in the Koenigsegg, hoping top get some PR on the Car

Bloody betta GGrrRRR :)

3. dmaci38293

dmaci38293 Rookie

Feb 28, 2004
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Duncan MacInnes
    Your sponsered a Koenigsegg?? Aghhhh - One of my business contacts did the Gumball in his last year - absolute nightmare - He almost had the car rebuilt it broke down so many times. Not to mention he had to buy another car to use some parts from it, and employ a full time mechanic to follow him to get him up and running again! He had a good time and aparently hit 240mph in texas! Amazing car though - sounds like a fighter jet rather than a car!

Is it one of your friends that has one? Is the supercar run like the Gumball??

Duncan

4. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    No it's not like the Gumball. While I don't know the rules of the Gumball in detail it has an element about it that encourages fast driving. The supercar run is basically a treasure hunt, there is nothing at all to be gained from speeding except trouble with the law.

As I not sure if a treasure hunt means the same thing in the US perhaps a little expalination might help. At the start of each day each car is given a clue sheet. You have no idea where you are going until you get this sheet. On it are cryptic clues to allow you to work our your route and cryptic clues for things on the route you must find - for example who made a specific clock. Each of these correct answers earns points and at the of the run the one with the most points wins.

The only thing we know is the event will start in Hyde Park and end in St Moritz. No idea of the prizes, the distance, where we stay, who's going - don't know very much really. Great last year, raised a good amount for charity.

Oh, and just in case there are peopel out there who would still like to help me raise money for charity for this year I still have tickets for the Ferrari laptop prize draw and I have tons of space to 'sell' for sponsership on my Challenge Stradale I'll be driving (it was filmed last year and will be realsed soon hopefully on national tv soon)

5. dmaci38293

dmaci38293 Rookie

Feb 28, 2004
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Duncan MacInnes
    Thats really good about the chairty side of it - I just checked the web site and it looks really good. Especially supporting children with aids. Looks more like enjoying your car rather than driving it fast and getting banged up (a la Gumball) and thats what owning a supercar is about - enjoying it!

Duncan