e-bay Bidding Assistance | FerrariChat

e-bay Bidding Assistance

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Jerrari, Mar 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I have heard of a company that bids on an item that you are interestad in buying in the last 2 seconds or so of the auction. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks, Jerry.

2. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Snipers-R-Us ??

3. fivebob

fivebob Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    Tauranga,New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Callum
    There are a few companies that do this, question is do you want to trust them with your username and password?

A better option is sniping software on your own PC, there are quite a few packages available to do the job including some freeware options. A quick search reveals http://www.auctionsagesoftware.com/bidsage/ as one possibility, I haven't used it so I don't know anything about it's features but the main thing to look out for is how the software synchonises with eBay's clock and the lag time of your connection, you don't want to be late on a bid ( or even early or you'll pay too much).

I did write my own sniping software for those late night auctions but I rarely use it now and it needs modifying for the ever changing Ebay page layout and anyway I prefer to be there for the kill in person, it's all part of the fun :D

4. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    I heard of BidNip.com from FerrariList.com, but never used it and only know that it's put out by one of the members.

JMJ

5. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Thanks guys, this could save me thousands....I'll keep you updated. Jerry

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'm not proud, but I've been using Auction Sniper for several years. www.auctionsniper.com.

7. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

I use auctionsniper as well.

8. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Thanks guys, auction sniper did the trick, I just bought a 1989 black TR!!!!!!! Thank you VERY much for the tip!!!!!!! Jerry. :)