looking for donuts | FerrariChat

looking for donuts

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by F308 MAN, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    the 308 has an aftermarket stainless exhaust and i require new donuts before i can refit the exhaust.....the big box has a stainless plate. 1" x 1.5" with the number 109062 stamped on - anybody any ideas of source ?.....the donuts are 50 mm ins dia. 65 mm o/s dia. 12 mm thick @ 50 dia and symmetrically reducing to 6mm thick at 65 dia.......the 50 mm dia sleeve type portion of protective mild steel (which is part of the three bolt flange detail) has corroded away, and i obviously do not wish to replace both st/st manifolds for the sake of this minor missing section......is it possible to buy fibre type donuts with these metal inserts factory fitted ???
    thanks for your time.
    david

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    David

By donut do you mean some sort of gasket or the rubber thingy's you use to hang the exhaust?

if its the latter try your local exhaust n tyre place

3. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S

the donut is (in my case) the fibre or glass fibre, conical sectional gasket which fits between mating flanges of the exhaust sections.......i have scoured all the local exhaust centres, but to no avail.......if i could source the aftermarket exhaust manufacturer, life would be easier - maybe i should post a photo.
    thanks, andrew

4. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Ahh now I know what it is, Dont F-U.K. do them, I have a few left over from an exhaust swap last year, do you know what size you need ?

5. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I got some from Ferrari UK last year when I fitted a TUBI to the 308.

Steve

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    #6 steve f, Dec 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I know that this is an old thread dave but i think you was telling lies back then as the doughnuts that you was referring to was edible as proof is in this up todate picture
    Image Unavailable, Please Login