Anyone familier with DonLLeasing and/or Miller Motorcars | FerrariChat

Anyone familier with DonLLeasing and/or Miller Motorcars

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tomf-1, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Good Sunday morning,

Can anyone here share past purchasing or trade-in experience with either DonLLeasing/Pompano Beach, FL and/or Miller Motorcars/Greenwich, CT?

I'm just starting to look for a 99 or 00 F1 360M and came across a couple of 360M'a currently in their inventories (The former: Titaninum on Burgundy. The later: Yellow on Yellow). Your shared experience good/bad would be greatly appreciated. Also, any recommend sale staff?

Thanks,

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Tom Ive known Werner Pfister at Miller for over 15 years, mention my name to him. If you want a PPI done there are many places nearby. My mechanic in CT is Bill Pollard-860-350-1515. He is about 40 minutes N of Miller

3. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Splendid. Thanks, William for the sponsorship.
    I will ask for him tomorrow.

4. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Don L has a shady reputation in the South Fl area... Never bought anything but heard through the grape vine.. Not as bad a exotic cars wholesale or Toy Store but close.

They post cars that are not theirs on the site and then call up the owners stating that they have a person for that car.

I tried to see a Porsche C4S for about 2 weeks until I gave up when I realized they were BSing me.. This was like 1 year ago.

Just my .02

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I called DonL about a car I saw on Ebay. The guy start telling me within 5 minutes that there is another guy on that car and I need to bank wire him a deposit immediately to hold it! I said, "OH, OH OK" I'll go right now. Please hold it!"

I hope he is still waiting!

DL

6. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Thanks for sharing. This is the sort of pre-emt advice I was searching. They have many F-cars listing on Ebay (infact, that where I saw the Titanium on Red 360) but it seems like nothing ever got sold....

Thanks again to you and Darth550.

7. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Miller Motorcars has its own leasing arm, Putnam Motors. Haven't heard anything bad about them. Miller has an excellent rep from what I've heard

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I know Don L personally. Stay far away.

9. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

huh..... so far "not" so good.
    in add., i received numberous private messages regarding the said person.
    thanks for the headsup, allan.

10. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I will not buy from them.
    I inquired on few cars of theirs on eBay, only one car has records/books. When I asked about the history of that car, they said they will get back to me but never did.

11. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Don L has a horrible reputation. Beware.

12. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I had a very positive experience with Miller Motorcars and specifically Steve Daley last year. Very down to earth, professional and honest.

13. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Their price is kind of high, is it?
    Or the "real" price when you walk into their store with serious buying interest is lower?
    They ask over 6 figures for F355 spider, which is like 20k overpriced I think.

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i always wondered if there was really a "Don L." and if there was, why he didn't share his last name - i thought it was awfully weird.

i seriously considered a 355 they had, a couple years back. put it into PPI and it was not really as advertised. the mechanics actually called me the minute they got it up on the lift 'cuz the undertray was busted up and the side rails underneath were a mess, etc. they wanted to know if they should continue with the PPI since i explained a priori what they were expecting (a near-perfect car). they completed the PPI and the car was in fact in fine mechanical shape, but had some notable cosmetic issues i was willing to deal with. i tried to negotiate with the guys at Don L., but it was clear that they were waiting to sell this not-optimally-cared-for car at a premium price - i have to assume to some unknowing soul. they wouldn't negotiate the price down - used the "i have a wholesaler ready to give me more than that!" argument, which amused me to no end.

i enjoy looking through their ads, but won't be back to talk to them again.

doody.

PS: before i dealt with Don L. i posted here asking for opinions and some amusing soul responded something along the lines of "don't walk, run."

15. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Mr Don L has also been to jail for odometer fraud.

16. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

isn't that special?.....

for the life of me, given the high end nature of what they sell and the demographic of their clienteles, i'm dumfounded of how these guys succesfully manage to stay in business....

i'm glad to check. you all have saved me lots of potential headache.

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Anything to sell you that Lambo, eh Allan? I know, I know...Schumacher had one so you just had to also, right?

DL

18. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    No Don L only specializes in Supras, Camaro SS's, and Ferrari 550/575 .

19. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    how can you go to jail for odometer fraud and still sell used cars? that's insane. i guess now we know why he doesn't use his last name!

doody.

20. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    !@#$ DON L thats what I have to say a bunch of crooks thats for sure.
    my encounter is to much for me to even wright about but thank god I didnot go through them in the end I went to Lake Forest putnam leasing found the car for me at a great price thats for sure putnam leasing and miller cars a great so is lake forest sportscars

21. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben

Maybe he's Don Lapre, disgraced real estate infomercial guru! LOL