Suzuki powered kart | FerrariChat

Suzuki powered kart

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by sjb509, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

2. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I have dialup and do not have six years to wait for the video. This is probably very similar to a cart I saw at the Atwater,CA track last month. The headers went over the top of the drivers head! We watched him take the car for a few laps. It was like strapping a rocket engine to an ant! These types of karts push the insane..Not for me. I'll stay with my 100cc Yamaha!

Ps: Art Chambers on the last two track trips was kind enough to allow me to take a few laps in his 125cc shifter. I think that is enough speed in a small machine that pushes your mental limits. Anything bigger is just nuts!

3. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

It is about 13 Meg. The kart looks fairly conventional, exhaust exits over right rear wheel. No bodywork. Rocket strapped to an ant would be appropriate analogy. I don't know how fast he is going, my guess would be 100+ toward the end of the video.

4. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    This was posted here a while ago. That kart actually has too much power. That engine would be put to much better use in a Formula SAE chassis with wider than FSAE spec tires.