Ferrari seats..... | FerrariChat

Ferrari seats.....

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by riverflyer, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Being tall and broad shouldered, the seats in most of the fcars are a bit tight and small for my frame. I had hoped the daytona seats in the 550 would be fine, but they too, are just a bit short and tight across the shoulders. I know there is a poor mans adjustment that removes some seat padding and gains about an inch in headroom, has anyone done this and or side bolster shaving? The seats in the 550 Barchetta fit me perfect. Has anyone ever retrofitted these seats into 550? Any other adjustments that taller drivers have made? thanks, John

2. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London

I had the same issue with my 360 spider. Karl at Verdi's fitted some Sparco Milano leather sports seats which are much better. I have kep the originals back for re-fitting at time of sale. Have a look on his website.

Although Sparco was my preference you should also be able to fit Ferrari sports seats if you want.

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    John: retrofitting the CF sport seats is easy, but beware: they run you ~4k each.

As mentioned, others go with alternatives.

--Dan