General moans about non standard Ferraris. | FerrariChat

General moans about non standard Ferraris.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by chaa, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    #1. why?
    #2 Leave it the way the factory intended.
    #3 Well if your happy with it.
    #4 If the factory had wanted them on they would have done it.
    #5 I prefer my factory fitted 13in wheels,as opposed to bling,bling 19s.
    #6 Dont like the graphics you have had done, but love the great green and white one that the factory runs down its cars across the roof and bonnets.
    #7 Why would you want to put 16in drilled and groved brake discs on when the standard little ones are good enough?
    #8 Well my cars standard as the factory intended, well apart from my Tubi headers and exhaust system.
    #9 Putting non standard tyres on could affect resale values.
    #10 Why colour code the roof of your GTS?
    #11 Dont like that tint.....(though i might have it done my self)
    #12 That colours the worst colour for resale....(mines not)
    Had a laugh with a couple of mate with Ferraris and Lambos this afternoon, trying to compile a list of moans about people who play with exotics. I know its sad but it floats out boat.....hey that reminds me of another one.....anyway have i missed any???? Just abit of fun dudes.

2. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    If things like this truly bother you,
    then I suggest a good therapist.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  4. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Dave got one,and he recomends getting it of my chest.

5. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    chaa,

#1. why? -- Because the cars are fun and beautiful. Why do we seek out lovers who are exotic, sexy, filled with bright enthusiam... but can be tempermental at times

#2 Leave it the way the factory intended. --- Why? If it is a 3x8 technology and quality of parts has progressed. Get with the program or be a dinosaur.

#3 Well if your happy with it. --- To each their own. Viva le difference

#4 If the factory had wanted them on they would have done it. --- Beauty is in the eye of beholder.

#5 I prefer my factory fitted 13in wheels,as opposed to bling,bling 19s.

See #4

#6 Dont like the graphics you have had done, but love the great green and white one that the factory runs down its cars across the roof and bonnets.

See #5

#7 Why would you want to put 16in drilled and groved brake discs on when the standard little ones are good enough? --- Good enough for whom? In what context? For what task?

#8 Well my cars standard as the factory intended, well apart from my Tubi headers and exhaust system. -- To each their own

#9 Putting non standard tyres on could affect resale values. --- And monkey fly out of my butt. Naturally 20 yr+ old design is lacking compared to modern formulations.

#10 Why colour code the roof of your GTS? --- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

#11 Dont like that tint.....(though i might have it done my self) -- See #10

#12 That colours the worst colour for resale....(mines not) -- See #11

Some people are "purists", others may be "enthusiasts" while others are "drivers" (or some mix thereof). There is an a$$ for every seat, or so they say. What i find amusing is the difference between Corvette Guys, Porche Guys, and exotic Italian guys (and NO, will not go into details).

If all else fails, ignore what everyone else says BECAUSE it is MY life and i can live it as i so choose. If someone dislikes my choices so be it. Because...

Frankly my dear, i don't give a damn.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven "i did it my way" Rochlin

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    ditto what he said. ^^^^

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Nice post, chaa. If it isn't destructive (like over-revving a former ride which I infamously chastised you about a gong, gong time alo), then by definition, there's no harm. Your *quest* is yours and yours alone. Relatively speaking, removal of stickers and aftermarket products is easier than putting them on in the first place. Your shed (which I hope has been better fortified against the elements) likely has the old stuff stored within. When all is said and done: Out with the old, in with the new/Out with the new, in with the old = everybody's happy, coming and going.

*Could it be that Marie Antoinette actually said Le theme est quete ["The theme is quest"], but was overheard by a tourist who mangled her French, and inadverdently commenced the "Let them eat cake" legend?

8. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    ME TOO!!!
    I love modified cars, and none more than ferraris. Sure some idiots destroy fine looking cars, but many don't.
    A 360 on 20's? Yes please, provided the suspension is tailored to suit the change. This is one of those topics that comes up again and again, and my reply is always the same to justify modifying ferraris.

If a ferrari is perfect, why do they keep bring out new models?

BTW I would modify the crap out of an Enzo!

9. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Was it something i said ladies? Wax are you still hanging around those parks? ha! ha! Oh and hows it going with saveing for a ferrari got one yet, i may have a shed to store 3 motor bikes and a ferrari in(328gts), but my other house has also got a shed with yet another ferrari in it(355 spider) with one more motor cycle in it.

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Heeheehee - hope it was noted I was supporting your independence along with hoping your investments are getting protection from the elements - in the few shots I saw of one of your beautiful garages last year, it seemed I could see some sunlight peeking in.

As for me, I won't get a proper waxmobile for another year+: ex-wife has gotten more than her fair share of child support, and then some already - won't risk having to send even more just to satisfy my carnal ;) desires, then have her sorry-arse, busybody Cali spies fill her in on the juicy details, then see me bend over, look in the mirror and scream bloody murder again as I see them yank additional tens of thousands of dollars out my arse.

Let's put it this way, I've already solely given more than the cost to raise a child who, according to gov't estimates, is born in 2002 - let alone 1987. They live in a Manor House on significant acreage in "Horse country" of Maryland. Kid is privately schooled and all that good stuff, however thanklessly welcome that may be. Ironically, an ancestor of mine, Lord Baltimore, is the very man who named Maryland. Weasel-woman can't be trusted to not drop another financially binding bombshell even a day before the kid turns 18, so I've got to wait until Mid-'05 to even consider everything said and done, no strings attached. I'll believe it when I see it.

When all is said and done, not a moment sooner, then I'll start my quest to find a 365GTC or slightly older, less torquey, but similar styled sibling 330GTC. As far as that goes, goal is best condition possible (as the adage goes: pay for the restoration, get the car for free) - maybe, just maybe, a bit of good story ot two the wheel of the car can tell me - upgrades where needed for reliability & so forth - a shed to put the waxmobile in. All that will take more time than it does with modern era cars, but I'm a patient man.
    __

But enough about me - you've raised some valid points with the original post - that criticism comes your way because you don't ride around in your Ferrari with it's appearance as stock as possible. To elaborate on my first post without being too opaque - Clearly, some get annoyed or take umbrage because of these choices you've taken on your quest to make your Ferrari yours as long as you're the caretaker, and in turn, you get somewhat annoyed, because somebody else thinks it should be stock, though you'll no doubt return it to stock appearance/details when the time comes to part ways with this F-Car.

What percentage of the time do you hear this from other F-Car owners/enthusiasts and/or uh, Englishmen?
    What do you mutter to yourself when you get approached regarding this difference of opinion/perception?

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You have missed a few:

- I never turned on that radio.

- That wing is ridiculous.

- Those spacers make it look like Mexican low rider.

- That painted bumper is really ugly.

- Tucking in the bumper makes it non spec.

Those are just a few I heard on FChat and on meetings about my car...The list could go on and on an on. Purists live in a different world from me.
    :)

12. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    F**ing AAA+ Tifosi12, now that what iam talking about. That was the responce i was after. (i would make a smiley face but still cant do it).

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Glad I made your day. The list is really endless and what makes me smile is when people, who otherwise claim to be purists, do that one change on the car, they just can't resist. Well, being a purist IMHO is like being pregnant or not. There is no such thing as a little pregnant. Replacing that cheap plastic shift knob with a nice aluminum one is IMHO a good idea, but you just crossed the line from purist camp to bastardizer, err customizer. Welcome to my underworld, harharhar.

Oh, and btw: The thing that really gets me giggling is when these comments come from non owners. Somehow once a user owns a car, they seem to start to mellow and change a few things. It is almost as if the non haves try to proof their loyalty to the brand by making these absolute statements.