355 vs RS4 | FerrariChat

355 vs RS4

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 355fiorano, Mar 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I was driving with a couple of friends of mine today (one in a RS4 and another in a 993 P-car and obvioulsy not on public roads). The inevitable happened and we wanted to compare performance. I was a bit skeptical if the 355 would be up to is as I have been in the RS4 and it is awsome. We had a few runs in the range of 50 - 155 mph and surprisingly the cars were very evenly matched for acceleration. I needed to keep the revs in the 6,000 + range. I noticed that between 90 - 110mph I lost maybe a couple of meters but started to regain them after that.

I was actually very happy with the 355's responses. To date I had found that she did not inspire me with confidence. I find that at speed the steering tramlines (I have the quicker fiorano rack @ 2.8 turns) and I can also feel the suspension programme working in a non mechanical way that makes the car feel like there is resistance comming, sometimes the left and sometimes the right. I think that I need to get use to her, as I have only just completed my first 1000 miles of driving since I bought her.

Today however, even if the roads were wet and the right tyres were constantly hitting wet patches while the left ones were on drier tarmac, the car settled into corners beautifully and the breaks were very even and well balanced. It was a real pleasure. When the RS4 had to turn off and we waived goodbey however, I could see on my friends face that there was so little drama in his car (Radio playing, very calm..) while I really felt i had worked quite hard and had the exhilerated smile to prove it. I wander if this would be the same on the twisty stuff or with an RS6 ....

As for the P-car ... he caught up eventually !

2. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Dont ya just love them moments when everything seems just right.When sh** comes together and you can say Ferrrraarrrii!! I live for them moments to.

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #3 360CS, Mar 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Chaa,

The RS4 is a great car , ive been behind the wheel and its a different car than the raw drive of a Ferrari 355 s, But remember its only a Audi.

I wonder what you feel about the difference in drive between yr 355 s and yr bosses 360 s . Do you feel given the same burn the ride would be that different?

Id prefer the driving experience you got from the 355s than the comfort of the RS4 cockpit.

Just my opinion thats all!!

Enjoy

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Tell ya what 360spider i really miss my Testarossa, now that gave me smiles.As for the 360 im in that today and must say it does not feel as firm as the 355, most of all i love the 355 becourse its mine all mine, the boss recons i will get the 360 spider my self soon but i dont think he beleves me when i tell him i have the ferrari i want. But things change.

5. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Joe

"But remember its only a Audi" !!!!!!!!!

Hope an Audi never makes you eat your words !!

Have fun in Vegas

J

6. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Eat what words,if i wanted an audi i would buy a couple,simple.

7. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi guy's you can't compare them,dont matter how fast,slow they are,
    ones an audi,the others a ferrari,
    guess which one would be in my garage,

Dale.

8. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Not so serious now !

I have put on the board before that I happen to be lucky enough to own a 355 and an RS6. Very different cars with very different qualities. Both great fun to drive.

Joe and I happen to know each other well and just having some fun.

J

9. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I quite like cars that are much quicket than they look. I might be inclided towards the RS cars.

Don't the VW/Audi mob make some other cars that are dressed up to look fast. Not sure I'd be up for one of those though

10. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #10 360CS, Mar 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

James,

I see the Audi,s as Stealth cars they look fairly normal except for the obvious touches but they are packed with Power and goodies...

Chaa,

THe testarossa is a great car, had pics of it on bedroom wall when i was a lad..... I love the 355 , theres nothing like it in looks and performance is great too..

I like the 360 Spider cos its a newer model thats all, Waiting to see if i keep the new 360 CS or go back to 360 S or even a 355.....James how much was your again...

See you all on my return ...

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I have both (RS6 and Ferrari) and there is no way you can compare the driving experience of the two they are so different. But if you are lucky enough to have an Fcar in your garage there is no better car to have as your everyday family transport than a 450BHP Audi Estate.

12. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

As with Mal, i am lucky enough to have both a 355 and the RS6 and altough they are totaly different, when you put the RS6 up to 520BHP it is a real beast.

Regards

Stewart