America's 10 most expensive homes | FerrariChat

America's 10 most expensive homes

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by TestShoot, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4483062/

Nice to see bridgehampton and montauk there (wearing a montauk t-shirt in honor of it with big phallic lighthouse), was really pulling for southampton. Damn, I need a better property value. We are now the Hamptonslums!

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Long Island looks well represented. Any place that has a Ferrari parked in the garage qualifies, though. No?
    "Park-like setting and elegant understatment are the marks of this prestigious property. Step up upon the custom wood deck and open the double wide doors to a grand entrance way. Up above, sunlight streams in from the modern aluminum shuttered wondow. An auto enthusiast dream, sq footage for parking virtually equals living area. And the proud new owners would feel just as comfortable parking their shiny steeds on the front lawn as the garage. Priced to sell at $1,450,000. Serious offers only"

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  5. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Champ d'Or looks straight out of monarchial Europe....

What could you possibly do with 48,000 square feet?? The costs just to decorate that would be staggering (though I spose if you're buying at $50 million home, that's not that important). But I mean, how would you use the space? Our house is only about 4,000 square feet, and theres still parts of it that we rarely use.

I'd take a nice Manhattan Beach strand home over these any day.

6. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    WHERES BILL GATES"S HOUSE??

THE INTERIOR DECORATING, PAINTINGS, ELECTRONICS ARE ABOUT 20-25 MILLION ALONE, NOT INCLUDING THE STRUCTURE OR THE LAND......

BRUCE

7. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

I've got a feeling they're not totaling up "modifications" to the houses, but the price it was purchased at.

The house in Montecito though. Oprah. Defintely Oprah.

8. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    And Nelson Peltz's- it was the most expensive home on the market at $75 million a couple years ago..

9. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Figure 1/3 the total cost of the house to decorate it appropriately.

10. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    That's actually something I've been wondering about, how much it typically costs to furnish a house. Seeing as I'm probably 10 years away from buying my first house, its not something that I particularly have to worry about at the moment though. I'd bed most people forget the costs of decoration when they buy a house....

11. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    What a deal, I'll sell you my 2BR apt in Miami for only $10M :)

12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Denton, Texas. No way. Denton. Any of you ever been to Denton. Fugly.

Dr "I wouldn't live in Denton if you paid me" Tax

13. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    #13 mighty, Mar 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    That list is not defintive at all. Burnt point and the denton palace were the nicest but they missed gates, like bruce mentioned and i'm sure his buddy with the big boat has something nice and they missed a newly built super mansion in BH area that cost 100 milllliiionn $ and is on a show i taped off the travel channel about the 10 richest nhoods in LA. Also on the east coast newport has some pricey houses still occupied by families.
    T

15. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

cost to build is not the same as value, you can build the taj mahal in detroit, and it will not be worth anything.

it is a forbes list though... it is for homes on the market.

that house on rexford, i pass it often enough. am i mistaken, or is that the hilton's house? maybe i'll ring the doorbell 'can paris come out and play?'

16. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    oh and on newport, f^ck newport, it is a rat trap. i find that in selling my place i get a higher asking prices from other newport residents than people from out of town. it is because coastal oc are lifers, you are from here, you stay here, really sad to think that this is all they know so they will pay any price to stay here, that is why a 3bd hovel in east costa mesa sells for 700k.

can't wait to leave oc, i hate oc and the people from oc, they make lousey neighbors, but i like the money i'll get from them.

the folks in oc i like: rutters, holbrooks, soderlings, inmans. the rest of you can kiss my rosey red...[/rant]

17. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    The reason Gate's place and others aren't on the list is that they are not on the market RIGHT NOW! The ones on the list are currently available.

18. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    I think the list only covers those homes currently listed on the real estate market.

19. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003

heheh, I think he was referring to Newport, Rhode Island... :)

I guess we now know what your favorite part in LA is :)

20. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

I think you are right, as my crack about Oprah up there is wrong it seems, she paid closer to 50 for her montecito place, not 40.

21. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I would say the palm beach houses look most appealing.The penthouse over central park would be pretty cool as well.

22. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    But, you get to walk around saying "This is how we do it in the OC, b*tch!" ;)

23. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    i don't have hair plugs, fake teeth, botox, or golf clubs nor do i have shirt sleeve tats, a lifted chevy and a major meth habit, so i can't say i am from the newport area, nobody would believe me.

I'd rather tell people i am from the 909 than oc hahaha atleast then people don't ask me if i know (insert name dropping here) while they dump on the idea that i am from the ie. i also have a hell of a time telling people i live in 3 places, some people don't get it, nobody really knows that the hamptons are on long island or that la canada is not 1000 miles north but near pasadena. peeps here is dumb. although most of the gang i meet at the cc meet are interesting.

the peeps are like they are on arrested development more than the oc...

24. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Interesting, my next door neighbor has (had?) their house listed for 80MM. Not shownig up? Maybe they did not publically disclose the price.

I think this list misses a GOOD number of houses that aren't whored out to Sotheby's or whatever mass-audience shop is out there.

--Dan

25. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Well, the list did come from Forbes, and they're not exactly known for getting lists 100% correct.