Anyone familiar with Llumar? | FerrariChat

Anyone familiar with Llumar?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Gary(SF), Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    It's a paint protection film like 3M, but claims to be clearer than the 3M. My installer is recommending it over the 3M, and the samples appear to bear out the claims. Any opinions welcome before I commit.

Thanks,

Gary

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Llumar films are excellent. I might argue they're the best I've ever seen. Both wife's car and my daily driver have 50% FormulaOne (Premier level, I think) which is also a Llumar film. FormulaOne and Llumar are made by CPFilms in Martinsville, VA.

I had the same film on a previous Benz, and it scratched quite badly because the seals were so tight on the driver's window. A little bit of dirt or dust along the rubber seal could be a big problem. On both current cars, no problems whatsoever. Just be sure to keep the windows rolled UP for several days of warm sunshine while the bubbles subside. YES, you'll have some small bubbles for the first few days. Trust me, they go away.

Best Regards,
    Daniel

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i have their "vista" product on the south-facing windows of my home :)

but that's not all that helpful for you ;)

make sure you can remove it later if you want to.

doody.

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

... if your house is actually a mobile home that only drives southbound freeways, maybe there's some usefulness...

-- just poking fun, while I wait for the Soprano's to start.

:)

5. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Thanks Daniel -

This application is actually for paint protection rather than window tinting, more like the 3M clear bra kind of thing. Sounds like they make a good product, though.

Gary