Sigh | FerrariChat

Sigh

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Chiaro_Slag, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  2. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
  3. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
  4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    If I find a car, but I'm in no rush - Still enjoying the 328. :)

5. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    No worries Jerry, maybe you guys can get two blue 355s or 360s together :)

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Hello Guys,

One of the reasons that I love this site is because we really are like a family. I knew that I was going to come into work this morning and see some unhappy reactions to me putting my car up for sale. Unfortunately, it has to be done. I am planning on moving to Southern Cali within the next few months and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how I could possibly bring it with me. The truth is that I have been financing the car and my payment might as well be a mortgage. Although I could comfortably cover the payment and all maintenance with my current income, I don't yet know what I'll be doing out West and I didn't want to be burdened with unecessarily heavy expenses while making the move. I love the car more than most people know and I will be very sad to see it go. It has been a life-long dream come true to have a 328 and I'm proud to be able to have done it on my own. Now I need to sacrifice so that I can do something else that is a life-long dream of mine: to get out of NJ!. I like to look at my departure from F-car ownership this way; I did it once and I'll do it again. Again, thanks to all who are supporting my decision. Hopefully I'll be back behind the wheel soon!

Regards,
    Augustine

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I know you'll be back to ownership!

Get out here, find a job, get settled, & then get back on the horse. :)

8. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Augustine,

A good friend of mine lives in Chatham NJ, and I try to talk him into moving out here, but he never does. Glad to see you are following your dream and doing what makes you happy. I am sure you will be in a F car soon enough. If you ever need anything in Southern California, big or small, don't hesitate to ask, I will do my best to help. :)

-Ryan

9. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Ryan,

Thank you very much. I will keep that in mind. I need all the support I can get right now. This is a huge move. Thanks again!

-Augustine

10. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Don't even mention it. Like I said anything little or small. THat is what this community is all about. :) Good luck with the move.

11. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Augustine,
    In the past I have sold cars to buy houses. It is putting things in the right perspective. I'm sure after you get settled and the time is right you will get another Ferrari.
    There will always be plenty of cars to look at and ride in at Crystal Cave.

Good luck on the sale and better luck on a home purchase here in California.

Rick

12. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Thanks Rick. It's time to put my priorities into perspective. I know I'll get into another one soon enough. I just need to get lean and mean so that I can make this move with a minimum amount of complications. I'm looking forward to it!

-Augustine

13. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    Augustine,
    I'm so glad you're taking the plung and moving to Socal! When we met at CC and had breakfast together you mentioned that you would like to leave NJ and move out here. We'll I got to tell you, most people that come out here for just a few days say the same thing, but because of ties and obligations home they never can make the move. (It's no small decision!) But, if you had enough of the "Garden State", come on out!
    I moved from Northern NJ where I was born and raised when I was 31 bringing along a wife and 2 small kids. We sold our house packed up our things (actually the moving company did) and headed west. That was 26 years ago. We haven't looked back yet! Sure we miss family and friends, and the food, but we do get back there as often as we want.
    It's not an easy thing to do but well worth it. If there is anything you want or need in preperation to make the move don't wait even 1 second, call or e-mail me and I'll do what I can to help make your move the best thing you've ever done! Send me a PM and I'll give you my phone #'s and e-mail addresses.
    Best of luck with your plans and remember, call me!
    Lou

14. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Lou,

It's great to hear from you again and thank you for the kind words and support. Your story was certainly an early inspiration for me. I have definitely had enough of NJ and our dismal climate (a friend recently came here from Seattle and couldn't believe how crappy the weather is!). Fortunately I don't really have anything tying me down here. I am unmarried, have no kids, no mortgage, etc. I will miss my family and friends but I am ready to make the move. They'll only be a plane ride away. Now if I could only figure out a brilliant way to keep my car and still make the move out. Again, I appreciate your support. I am looking forward to this venture and to discussing my options with you. I'll talk to you soon!

Regards,
    Augustine