Willow Springs track weekend | FerrariChat

Willow Springs track weekend

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Ron, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    #1 Ron, Mar 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I spent Saturday and Sunday at WS. The Pantera Club had rented the track and the FCA piggybacked on it. The details were in the most recent newsletter.

Anyway, I had a great time. It was my first track experience. There were a lot of instructors available, there was plenty of track time and the weather was great.

I really progressed from the first session on Saturday morning to the last session today. I did not have any way to time any laps but I was happy with the car and with my progress.

I let a pro drive it for a few laps with me as a passenger. Once he memorized the shift pattern he really pushed it. On the front straight once he got it up to 140.

Another amazing part was today I got to ride 7 or 8 laps in a Radical. This is a small open cockpit racer. These are the fastest cars on the track by far. They were doing lap times in the mid 1:20's. Even the fastest other cars are in the low 1:30's. There are two seats so I was a passenger.

The drive was the fastest Radical driver there so I saw the best. These cars are unbelievable.

I will be off the board for a few days. My Mom has been hospitalized so if I don't post here for a few days, I will catch up next weekend or so.

Here is a picture of me in the car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Sounds like you had a blast Ron! The TR must have been a lot of fun on the track! Congratulations on getting a ride in the Radical as well...what an amazing car!

That is a gorgeous photo of your car, if you have any more, please share when you have time!

My best wishes for your mother to recover!

3. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Ron,
    That's awesome... I'm so happy you are driving the TR "as Enzo intended!!" :) I would love to talk to you sometime to hear about how the car handled on the big course.

I'm sorry to hear of your mother's condition - best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Byron

4. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Thanks for the concern. I hope she will be ok but my aunt is really worried.

I don't have any more racing pics (they were $20 each) but I do have 3 laps of video from inside the car during the grand touring sessions (you could have a passenger but the speed limit was 55) plus I had someone video the Radical drive from the pits. You can really see the speed of those things.

The driver was also the franchisee for the SW USA. He and his group are in escrow to buy a track in Pharump NV. It should close in June. They are going to set up a driving school for the Radicals and want to have the F Club come to LV and do some test drives. They will post details later in the FCA newsletter.