Visiting Orange County this week, where to go? | FerrariChat

Visiting Orange County this week, where to go?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by mighty, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I'm coming from LA and I want to check out Newport, Corona Del Mar and Crystal Cove. Any suggestions for a nice drive and where to stop by? thanks.

2. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Mighty - have a Margarita on the patio of Las Brisas restaurant in Laguna Beach. It is on the ocean on Cliff Drive just north of main beach (down town). Stroll the board walk on main beach and walk up to Las Brisas for a sunset Margarita. (Any time of day is fine for a Margarita.

Ask for directions to Crescent Bay park, a point overlooking the ocean 3/4 mile north of Las Brisas. Best to drive. On the ocean side, turn to the ocean on Crescent Bay Drive, go to the point. Can't miss it.

Don't bother with Newport Beach. (Perhaps and editorial comment in there somewhere). Other than the exotic car shops on Coast Highway, little to see.

Where are you coming from?

Jim S.

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Jim, I love Las Brisas! Im suprised I havent run into you down there :)

4. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I didnt plan to go to Launga Beach, but if I have the time then why not. I'm more interested in Corona Del Mar though, anyone familiar with CDM?

5. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    CDM is pretty small... if you like restaurant/bar scenes, you can go to Banderas on PCH... going to the beach is easy - turn into Marguerite from PCH... I like to park in one of the residential streets, then walk down the steps to the beach, then sit at the rock jetty and watch the boats go by.

CDM is also just south of Fashion Island, a great outdoor shopping area. There are plenty of nice restaurants in the area, like Roy's of Newport Beach.

What kind of things did you want to do and see?

Byron

6. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Plan on driving Pacific Coast Highway all along the area between Dana Point & Newport, watching for Ferrari's all the way. Every time I go visit my son there, we always see some on each trip.
    The "other" Byron in Washington State

7. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Check out Gulfstream. It's a cool restaurant and bar at Avocado and PCH. Seems to be filled with "the beautiful people" and is a people watching haven of Orange County.

Also Salt Creek Grille is great , on PCH almost to Dana Point. I forget the names of the x-streets.

The drive from CDM to Dana Point is some of the best exotic auto viewing in the nation.

8. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    And for a great Pizza, Don't forget Haus of Pizza on the northwest corner of Harbor and Adams in Costa Mesa :)

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist! :)

Rick

9. den1s

den1s Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    gents

my wife has to be in NB this saturday so i will be down and wondered if any of you had any ideas on places to hang out so i can keep my 2 year old amused for a few hours !

d

10. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Newport Autosport
    Ferrari of OC
    Crystal Cove
    Cruise PCH
    Balboa Island
    Fashion Island

just a few suggestions, not necessarily in that order! ;)

Byron