Vanquish vs 575 GTC | FerrariChat

Vanquish vs 575 GTC

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by WILLIAM H, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Just heard that AM plans a return to LeMans. Can you imagine a race prepped Vanquish going head to head with a 575 GTC or a privateer 550 ? That would be an awesome race :)

2. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Ferrari and Aston together on the track atlast.

Love my DB 2/4 and worshipped my 550. God, it brings tears of joy to my eyes to see Aston think about it. Gentleman racers...

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It will be a race DB9 :(

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    That would be the mad hotness, regardless of what Aston it is...

--Dan

5. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    You guys like the under dog don't you? :D

My comments on this can be viewed here...
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11049

Shed tears of joy for Aston because they are going racing again (finally), and tears of sorrow when they (and everyone else) gets their nose bloodied by a race prepped Ford GT. :D

I like Astons. They remind me too much of Jags with a little more spunk behind the wheel, however. They have and continue to borrow too much from others. The company has been flatlined for so long IMO, its good to hear Ford is continuing to try and breathe some life back into the company.

Premier Auto Group = money pit

Sunny

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Yes, but that doesn't mean they won't put on a good show. Is there confirmed word of Ford entering the car? It seems more a marketing tool than anything else.

That's a good thing. Look at what it did for Volvo. I'll be happy if Aston can dilute the brand a little to make some money and produce really awesome cars as a result. The AM V8 is going to be HOT stuff. Plus, they've got Henrik Fisker at the helm (and Ian McCallum not far away), which means beautiful cars all around!

--Dan

7. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Ive heard that AM is projected to finally show a profit for 2004. I imagine Shaguar is profitable already, too bad they had to build those silly S & X types to do it