HEAVY Dash Glare,Any cures? | FerrariChat

HEAVY Dash Glare,Any cures?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by msdesignltd, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sunny Sunday Drive Yesterday....I have an 84 512 bbi, All saddle interior including top surface of Dash board. With the combination of the greenhouse windshield and the very light dash, there were time when the car was rendered undrivable( by a Novice of course) But presented an uncomfortable challenge in any thing but straight line driving for me...Other than cutting a black wool mat ala mouse hair. in a pattern to fit over the dash. Has any one found a cure for this situation...Will polarized sunglasses help...????
    Blinded by the light, Michael

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
  3. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Only on a site like this" Ferrari Chat" can a problem or a question be answered within minutes, Effortlessly....Thank you Michael

4. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

AS FRANKS SAYS IT....HUTCH91TR BOUGHT ME ONE TOO....DECREASED IT BY 100%

BRUCE

5. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Originally your dash would have been black.

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Mouse hair black is the way to go.

7. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Polarized sunglasses remove about 60% of the problem for me in my TR down here in Sunny Texas. Also, make sure you don't have anything shiney like Armorall on your dash.

8. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The 512 Boxer had very few options from the factory, some Boxers with saddle leather interiors did have a black dash...this Boxer had the option of a saddle leather Headliner and full dash, Mouse hair was probably the reason the daytona and dinos had no glare but was not an option on these cars.. if they can cut a dash cover in mouse hair it might work, However the material that they use in the F 40 and GTO is probably a better choice.Check out Dash in windshield Exposure.... Thanks Michael