Sopranos-WTF? | FerrariChat

Sopranos-WTF?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by benedict, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Alright I admit it, that episode confused the hell out of me. I caught the ongoing "rat" theme (rat pack picture going over the bridge, Adrianna ratting, the other rat dead in the trunk). What is with Carmela's movie club, why Citizen Kane? When did Janice get married? Did I miss that episode? C'mon DES help me out!

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Geez, and I got to watch Law and Order instead, "'cause we can watch the Sopranos on Wednesday".

WHAT WAS I THINKING????

3. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Q:

1) Who were the guys who's pictures were shown to Adrianna?

2) How can they arrest someone with out Adrianna testifying?

2) Was the guy in the trunk at the end the one with the Trucking Meuseum?

A:

Janice got married six months ago, during the 15 months since the last episode. This season did not begin where the last one left off, as they have experienced the same span of time -- 15 mos.

4. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Adrianna needs to get whacked!

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I wish they would clip that whore Adrianna, she is such a bee-yatch, I have always thought so since season 1, although I do love those high heel shoes she wears. Karm, the guy in the trunk was Masarone, the contractor that met Tony at the diner with the hat that had a mike in it. The guys in the pictures were guys that were at that dinner in last weeks episode where Chris and Paulie killed the waiter "by accident"

6. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    But one of those guys was dead -- slit throat -- no?

Luke.

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That is correct, although they never really say WHY. I am very interested in seeing how the power vacuum is going to play out now that Big Carmine is dead. His son seems like a p*ssy and I can't stand Johnny Sacrimony, he's a caniving 2 timer who needs to be "hand"-clipped by Tony himself, preferably garated.

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ben, the last few seasons have been, more or less, less violent than when the show first aired... Granted, people are still getting whacked, it's just not as graphic and in your face (as much) as it used to be... There's a lot more that needs to be read into with these episodes... Quite frankly, i don't know what the hell to make of some of the stuff, either... The movie club...? Your guess is as good as mine... Citizen Kane probably has hidden meaning, but i never saw it, so i can't comment on it... Didn't really see the rat theme until you mentioned it and i don't know if there's something solid there... Could just be a coincidence, i don't know... i think things will start to unfold and get a bit clearer in the next two episodes...

Does anyone know FOR SURE if this is the last season or if Gandolfini signed on for more...?

9. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    What's the big deal with the Movie Club? So she has friends over, so what?

Luke.

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    David Chase has said publicly there will be one more season only (that sucks) and there will be a similar wait as this time because they do not begin shooting until april 2005.

11. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Hey Ben... the wedding was never shown, only alluded to beginning with the dinner @ Janice's house last week when she said she misplaced her wedding band. You must remember just how hard she was trying to get Bobby's attention last season.

The movie club just shoews that Carmela is going on with life. It also provides a venue for the viewer to hear her thoughts/plans as discussed with the "girls". I like how T came into the house and yanked the A/V eqpt.

Chase is awesome for putting innuendos and subtle references all over the place.

12. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree, he's a great writer /producer.

13. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    The movie night is perfect for showing how Carmela can't leave the "life" even though she left Tony. Think about it, all her "friends" are part of the life she is trying to escape from with Tony. To top it all off, the movies that are the greatest films of all time are all about corruption and the gangster life. Remember the 3rd movie on the list...The Godfather! As well, she enjoys the fruits of Tony's crime. She won't give up the house or the "Toys" that Tony paid for with mob money. It is a great example of hypocrisy.

I didn't understand the arguement over the rosary beads in Carmines hands. Anyone? I'm not Catholic...

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, Jay, great breakdown... Makes sense...

15. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

I think they should wait until 2005 or 2015 or whenever they can find some decent writers.

This season TOTALLY SUCKS so far. Too much filler, not enough killer. ;)

Nick

16. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Nice analysis J. I didn't get the Rosary thing either (and I am Catholic). NNO, as far as rats, I thought maybe Moroso (whatever his name is) was sending Tony a message such as "don't say anything to me Tony, I'm a rat). Tony was being very evasive also, talking about pie crust, etc so I thought maybe he caught on. I thought Adrianna was going to puke again (ie spilling her guts, get it). Chase is always pimping us, sending us subliminal messages. I love trying to figure these things out.

17. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Why did Tony send Dr. Melfi detergent in the first episode? Does this tie in with something from the past? I can't remember.

18. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    No, he was watching a scene from the Prince of Tides which dealt with a psychiatrist and patient. He sent Melfi Tide.

19. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    "Mr. Kane was a man who got everything he wanted, and then lost it. Maybe Rosebud was something he couldn't get, or something he lost. Anyway, I don't think it would have explained everything. I don't think any word can explain a man's life. No, I guess Rosebud is just a piece in a jigsaw puzzle... a missing piece."

20. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    so in otherwords, Mr Kane could be either Tony who HAD everything and lost it, or Carmela, who WANTED everything, and now is having it taken away. They are both the same person, each doing it for their own selfish gain.

Remember the sign "No Trespassing" Neither one can go back to what they once had, it is forever changed.

21. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

the rosary bead thing totally escaped me too - i gotta ask around my family

22. Alex Rogo

Alex Rogo Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    California
    Rosebud was a sled that Cane had as a child. IIRC he was living w/ an aunt or grandparents and when they moved he somehow lost the sled. When he was dying he kept calling for Rosebud and the staff and those around him didn't know WTF he was on about, the man who had everything.

No connection to Rosebud Racing, the Ferrari team out of Texas in the '50s and 60s.

Cheers

23. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Opus Dei is like a super conservative sect of Catholicism, most recently highlighted in the DaVinci Code. It's probably a pop culture nod, as Ginny is the type of modern housewife who would have just read the DaVinci code and been into Opus Dei because of it.