Stoneguard saved my arse | FerrariChat

Stoneguard saved my arse

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JeffB, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Was pulling my 360 into my garage the other day and was carelessly on the phone, in the middle of an important call. I got a little too close for comfort and hit another car. I got out, fearing the worst, and saw several big scratches & scuff marks. After the immediate feeling of despair left my body I took a very close look and realized the Stoneguard saved me. There was a tiny tear of it in one area, but no scratches beneath it. Taking it to the dealership tomorrow to have the Stoneguard replaced in the affected area.

For anybody who doesn't have it or something like it, I strongly recommend it. It's durable enough to handle a sizeable screwup like mine.

I don't have pics, but I will ask Kizdan to take a couple of pics while at the dealership before the Stoneguard gets replaced, then post them.

2. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    You must know Bob Reid then, right?

Thankfully you didn't damage your 360. What about the car you nudged?

Greg A

3. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Jeff,

Remind me to stay away from your 360 in Birmingham. :)

Paul

4. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Haha, next time you're in Birmingham, let me know. I'm a student at CCS (car design) and I'd love to take a few pics of that car of yours. Looks very hot.

Sadly, I'm no Ferrari owner, but my '95 Chevy Cavalier has some serious battle wounds--she's a serious work of art ;) I won't be wasting my money on any guard...I'll save the dough for my own Prancing Horse someday.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Jeff,

Definitely have the guys take some pics. This is the first real "mishap" on a car that Stoneguard has protected on, and we'd love to see what this product can do. Sounds remarkable.

Thanks.

6. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Gosh, I hate to be critical. However, all could have been prevented had you been paying attention and not been on the phone. Sorry.

7. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

YEA... HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!

8. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells
    Jeff B,

I live right by you! I work for ZF sachs in troy, and we're moving to Northville.

Luke

9. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Minimal damage to a rear bumper that was already slightly damaged in another area, so no loss there.

I'll be chasing your CS around trying to test out my new Stoneguard. :)

10. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    I know, I know... Like I said though, it was an important call and pulling in my garage was something I've done hundreds of times. Accidents are gonna happen.

11. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Here are the pics -

http://www.charlieandamanda.com/jeff/

Sorry, but the file sizes are huge. I didn't want to resize them bcz it would have taken away the close-ups. This way you can see the small tear in the Stoneguard in one area and the several scuff marks. Thankfully, there is no damage to the car. There certainly would have been had I not had the Stoneguard on there.

12. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Hey I sold that car but my CS is arriving in a few weeks. E-mail your name and number and I'll take you for a spin sometime.

Great school BTW.

13. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I bought a pre-made kit for my 550 a few months ago...but I've lost the suppliers phone number.
    I want to see if they have a pre-made kit for the Gallardo.
    Anyone have a source?
    TIA

14. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    call bob reid at 734-425-1015

15. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    lucky...I know that sick in your stomach feeling. Glad it worked out for you.

16. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    thanks left him a voicemail.