Look What i Got...! | FerrariChat

Look What i Got...!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    For those of you who don't already know, Gus/Azzurro328 is moving... He and his girlfriend, Josie, and i met up last week to have dinner; while at his house, he mentioned to me that he's trying to make his load as light as possible, so when he moves, it's not a week-long affair with millions of items; so he took me into another room in his house and, meticulously laid out on the bed, were a bunch of things he "can't" take with him... So he decided to give them to me...

But he didn't just give me ANYthing... He gave me some of his COOLEST models, including a 1:24 Porsche Speedster, a street-legal 1:18 Porsche GT1, a 1:18 Ferrari 348 Challenge and a whole slew of others...! Then there were books... Books as far as the eye could see... Ferrari books, Porsche books, fast cars books, exotic cars books - and then magazines...! All sorts of magazines...! Porsche, Ferrari, duPont Registry, Cavallino, Ferrari World Club, etc.... Posters, a front vanity license plate from Shelton Ferrari, brochures - the whole nine...! One of the coolest things he gave up was his duPont Registry collection from the eighties... While flipping through, i actually saw an advertisement for a 250 GTO for sale...! Imagine that...!

i looked through a bunch this weekend and saw 308s and 328s for as much as $70,000, a 246 GTS for as little as $18,500 and a Daytona Spyder for $1,750,000...! The magazines are very cool and are a piece of the automotive culture and time line from a time when i didn't know about these magazines and couldn't appreciate the cars like i can, now...

Thanks a lot, Gus...! i really appreciate all the wonderful stuff... You can guarantee it's all in another good home... Thank you.

2. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Score!!! Nice gesture. The collection must be getting pretty crazy by now Carbon.

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That is awesome! Aug really is a great guy - Looking very much forward to his move to Cali - he can be my wingman anytime.

No, I can be HIS wingman. :)

4. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    VERY nice!! Couldn't have gone to a better person.

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I was hoping you wouldn't do this. It's embarrassing. :)

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i know; that's why i did it...

Thanks, buddy...! :D

7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    WOW! Carbon, you are a lucky guy, and that is very nice of Gus to do. Once he is in So cal, I am sure we will make him feel at home :)

8. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I have that 1:18 348 Challenge car too, however I peeled the stickers off and it left all kinds of residue on it which stuck to the newspaper wrapping when Imoved so now it has print all over it. Crap.

9. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I can't imagine how big your collection must be by now Carbon.That's a collection in it's own right.:)

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    NMO you are a lucky guy, GREAT friends you have... I remember saying this several times before.

11. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    awesome. If that silver gt1 isn't repainted, its really rare, the 96's were mostly made in white. I can't tell if its a 96 or 97/98 version from the pix. Its cool he gave them to you.

12. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, how can i tell...? Maybe i can sell it and give him the money so he doesn't have to get rid of his car in order to move to California...!

Anyone want a silver 1:18 Porsche GT1 for $50,000...? i'll take $45k, if i have to... :D

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This is a serious comment NNO.

Have you ever looked at home much you would get for your collection?

You may surprise yourself and find that you can buy a 308GT/4 ... I do not know if you have any 'special' items in your collection but some people pay good money for that stuff.

One way to get you into a REAL model ;)

Pete

14. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    The 911 GT1 is exactly the way I bought it. It was always silver. :)

15. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Augustine,

Maybe time to change your SN name ;)

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Pete, not a bad idea, although other people have suggested it as well... The thing is, i would need to somehow acquire that same collection, over and over, in order to sell it, over and over, to fund the maintenance... i can't afford a Ferrari right now; so i have to wait... Simple as that... No big deal, when my time finally comes, it'll be sweeter than all i've known before then...

Yes, i have a few things in my collection that can't be found in stores... Some things i'm sure some people would part with 3-figure-dollar amounts for; maybe even 4-figure-amounts, i'm not sure... Still, a lot of my stuff has sentimental value... For example, Gus didn't give me this stuff so i could turn around and sell it... He gave it to me 'cause he knew it would have a good home and be treated right... He gave me a 1:18 F40 last year; that was a wonderful addition to my collection...

i have other things that probably can't be found on eBay and DEFINITELY can't be found in stores... i don't even wanna know how much they're worth... To quote James Glickenhaus, "As far as i'm concerned, they're worth zero 'cause i'll never sell them."

Darth550 sent me something for Christmas that can't be purchased in stores... That will never leave my collection...

Even though i don't own a Ferrari, every night, i go home and when i walk through that door, i'm SURROUNDED by cars... Cars, posters, books, trinkets, magazines and all sorts of other stuff... It makes me smile; it ends the day on a good note... It gives me something to look forward to during the day and being surrounded by models and pictures takes my 1:18-sized goals and pushes them to 1:1, so one day i can own a real one...

17. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Get some Goo Gone, that'll take it off. Do NOT use nail polish remover.

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Will nail polish remover ruin a model...?

19. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH

YES!

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh... um, thanks... :)

21. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Ask me how I know....

22. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Any chance of posting a pics of your total collection? Let see watcha got now! :D

23. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Gee, YYYASS, how do you know...?

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Yeah, i have to go home and set everything up, first... Then, tomorrow, i'll post pictures... i think i might have to throw out some furniture, now... i'm running out of room... Either that, or i have to start sleeping in the car... i'll figure it out...

25. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Willie, here's some before and after shots... i'll take more detailed pictures of EVERYTHING and post them one day soon... :)