MTV CRIBS, now, CARS and spinners gallore | FerrariChat

MTV CRIBS, now, CARS and spinners gallore

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by zjpj, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    It's the all car episode, all about cars, gigantic wheels. Turn it on.

2. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    those rapers cant pronounce gallardo

fo'shizzle

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    the silver Gallardo looks really nice, though.

4. Yeah ats all big rims nothing else, I personally all those wheels look like S*** but thats my opinion. Rather get HRE's or somethign for the price instead of some chrome bling bling spinners.

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ............and you were expecting........?

DL

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    They had 28 inch wheels....

7. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I saw part of that... then I decided to quit killing brain cells by listening to them talk, and I turned on the WRC Mexican rally. :)

8. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego

Who cares they can affored them. Some can affored ALOT of them!

Dont be a hater dizzle fo sizzle.

9. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Holla!!!!!

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    You are kidding.. right?

11. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Is this what the board has come to? Player haters? Don't hate the player, hate the game my brother.

Just kidding. Some people just don't know what to do with their money. But as long as they are willing to spend it, let them.

12. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i think it's hilarious. plus, some of the cars posted on this site that people praise ain't so far from qualifying for cribs...

13. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    What are these people thinking making rims at a 28" diameter? Do they think this actually looks cool? I saw a picture of a couple bling bling'd out 80's model Buick Regals going down the road on some of those 28's. LOL! FRIGGIN REDICULIOUS!

14. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    i have noticed my self there are haters of MTV Cribs on this site. There is some jelousy i cant work out why.I read people taking the P*** on the way they dress and talk, so what, whats the deal. There is a whole generation who has been brought up on MTV, remember sex,image and rock and roll sells.And they are the next sey of people who may own exotics, my littleboys included.I have seen some very nice cars on cribs including the basket ball players 355 spider that had the 360 type hood cover conversion, i asked about this conversion two months ago on this site but only one other person knew what i was talking about. And who could forget the 355 spider bed.Also i read that a rap artist was gold plateing his F50,i say Bling Bling to the dude it will stand out more amoung the red ones. I my self have always watched MTV Cribbs and if there are any one who does not like it,please feel free to pick a cheek on my backside and..................

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i couldn't have said it better, Charlie... Bravo... There shouldn't be any "haters" of other peoples' stuff... Variety is the spice of life... 28" wheels may look stupid to some people but not to others... Who gives a crap if they look stupid to EVERYONE? As long as the owner likes 'em, then it doesn't matter...

i used to have a REALLY WEIRD hair style that NO ONE liked; everyone stared at me... but i didn't care; i liked it and that was what was important... Of course, i could've really done WITHOUT all the comments, but that's pretty much the point here...

16. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I don't know about others but as far as I'm concerned its not about jealosy. Rappers or any artist is just a salesmen selling themselves. I congradulate them on their success!
    I think they get comments on this site from their taste in design. Not knocking the person as much as simply making comments about how they don't like what they did to a car. Stating their opinions. The F50 is an amazingly beautiful car and someone is going to make it ugly by turning it gold! Its just my opinion that it will look horrible. I don't hate the player, I think what he is doing is rather funny. But as some have said its their money so let them by all means... but I still think they ruined a perfectly good car. :)

Happy driving!

17. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree.

18. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    I had to change the chanel and this is coming from a guy who has his BBS RS wheels fully polished with 24kt. gold plated bolts (At least they look amazing and weigh in at 17lbs in 16x9 format!). The shows are just stupid so are the stars. Prince was on the news this morning and made a great point... is it even MUSIC with these people? I mean he said Beyonce didn't know scales... WTF!? OR how about these famous "stars" who learn to play piano, guitar, etc... for ONE show, and it's only the sing song. What a joke, BTW yes I am jealous of the money, although not the life.

Kyle

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I love watching MTV's Cribs.

20. vref

vref Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    1 Hr North of Housto
    Full Name:
    Jim
    When is MTV cribs on?

21. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Most people here like to drive cars. Thus we don't like things that are complete wastes of time and effort as much....spinners for example.

Why are we jealous of anyone? I dont see evidence of it. Rather I see ferrari lovers that hate seeing ferraris changed into some bling bling mobile often at the expensive of drive, feel, etc.

We rallied against the 512m ostrich car too...

22. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I agree with Auraraptor. I have absolutely no problem with people who put tons of money into cars. I do think it's justified to make fun of people who spend $15,000 on 26 inch chrome wheels. I do think it's justified to question the over $100,000 price on the Hummer H2s in the show. That money is wasted and ridiculous and worth mocking.

They interviewed the Giovanni wheel guy. The Blink 182 drummer drove a Phaeton, a Maybach 62 and a Gallardo. He asked how much the Gallardo was, and the Giovanni guy said, "When I'm done with it? $250,000." I guarantee this guy wouldn't do more than wheels and maybe interior mods. That markup is riduclous.

23. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    I think alot of stars just dont care about the price tag or if they are gettting a good deal or not.
    1. someone who owns and built a company understands the idea of getting a good deal on what he/she wants. And knows how to make it work.
    2. Stars worked hard for what they got but they never recieved any lessons on how to make a deal. They just hand over the plastic.

Also I think its just change towards what people like. 28 inch rims hey I would roll them on a escalade for sure! Spinners hell ya! I believe im just into that because of my age and it is part of the style now.

24. 9 ONE 1

9 ONE 1 Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    S. V.
    Werd!! Coming from another young guy with good taste. I love watching MTV cribs, it keeps me in with style, fashion and the latest toys. I never knew that Jay-Z had a custom mounted Jacob & Co. watch on his Maybach benz....most people would think that a Jacob watch is a total waste of money. Compared to a Limited edition Patek. Then mount it on a Maybach, WHOA! My jaws dropped when I saw that. These guys set the new standards for the new generation. Whether you like it or not. These shows even drive us youngsters to work harder and value money even more.

The jealousy is definately there! I can tell you who's been driking the "hater-ade". I think alot of people hate or talk s*** because they are upset that RAPPERS have all of nice stuff.... yet they can't spell nor speak the correct and proper English language. But hey, they have 2004 brand new Ferraris and expensive watches and huge estates. The hater at this point would be the guy who bought his 355 used with high miles and worked his ass off get it. Believe me, I know how you feel too.

But I don't hate, I participate....some day, I'll have as much....Just like what 50 cent's first album said...."get rich or die trying".

Now wearing my Nomex Suit, made by Prada of course.

25. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Now that is cool. I still dont like the HUGE stereos though in Ferraris. I dont think they belong in a sports car. Same with spinners. I like spinners, but not on cars that were ment to be sports cars. Gold plating a benz though is interesting. Gold Plating a Ferrari is stupid...adds too much weight.

Am I the only one left who thinks like this? I am not jealous, I like it when they 'soup up' cars that it works on. But IMHO Ferraris need to be sport/race tuned more then "tricked out".