What do you think of this Idea | FerrariChat

What do you think of this Idea

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by andrewg, Mar 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Ok.

just got off the phone with a Dealer I know, even though he's not into Ferraris he's been offered a very rough (at least bodily) 400gti manual for very little money, I was thinking of parting it out for spares (have learnt that 400 body spare parts are just to rare and expensive to justify a re-build at thier current value)
    or
    Stripping the body off and putting a Daytona Spider kit body on over the top, somebody did this a few years ago but I cant find the article.

Any ideas / thoughts would be welcome

2. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Surely one of the Jag-based replica bodies would fit with a little encouragment and adaptation?

EVO magazine did an article on Ferrari replicas (inc Jag XJ12 based Daytona spyder) a few months back- I'll look it up if you're interested.

Autokraft did the Spyder conversions of the coupe, but I don't suppose that's much help.

Anyway, sounds like a fun project to me...

3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Robert

The Evo article would be a great help, at least if I can put a replica body on it its 1 more car spared from the breakers (or e-bay bit by bit!)

4. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Andrew,

From EVO Feb '04...

"Recognised as the best of the Daytona replicas, it was built by EG Autokraft, a company that turned original Daytona coupes into spiders but, when that market dried up, turned to building replicas"

The article was by Martin Buckley.

I also found this on the Web, who are also quoted in the article:

http://www.daytonareplicaclub.co.uk

These guys I dare say could point you in the right direction.

Good luck in your quest to save an Fcar from an sad end in bits on ebay!

Robert.