DON'T LOOK at what i got... | FerrariChat

DON'T LOOK at what i got...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by enjoythemusic, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Not the happiest day. Allegedly doing 101mph in a 55mph zone lead to this...

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

NOTE: document edited to remove DUI information as it was simply alleged "reckless driving."

2. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    That Sucks!

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Oucheeewaaawaaa!

They take your license??? That's unreal!!!

At least you didn't hit a tree, as well! ;)

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Don't do anything rash!

I think I got married, the first time mine was taken.

A cab for a few years would have been MUCH cheaper!

5. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    My heart goes out to you, thats a pretty rough deal.
    I wish you the best of luck in sorting all this out.

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Steven, they did this for a first offense?????? geeze. i know you work at home, but can you get a daytime work permit to drive with to get food ect??????? how did it get to this with out a lawyer and lots of begging( what i would have done!!). really sorry to read this, i hope there is a leagal way out, or an alternative perhaps. how about i sell my house and stay in your garage as a "Security Consultant/Mechanic" LMAO!! best wishes to you, i hope there is a way to resolve this! michael

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    How did you get your car home?, or is this way after the event?. I do hope they did not 'take' your car too.

Pete

8. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Thanks dudes for the support. In the end i am fine and am sending the car to get tweaked during this downtime :)

Get married due to losing license? Now THAT is INSANE!!!

Not a habitual offender here, but the State likes having a Ferrari driver enhancing their revenue. They did not take the car or anything like that. This was after a lengthy legal battle and three court appearances. No big deal really. Dominos and my gal's believe in home delivery :)

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

9. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Steven, look at the bright side; when I saw the title of the thread I thought it was that pesky social desease come back again.

Looks like we'll need guest drivers for a 308 for a few months.

On a real point, sorry that this had to happen to you.

All the best
    Norm

10. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Geez, don't enjoy paying that fine, Steve. Be a ittle more careful next time.

11. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Well, I guess you showed us the virtues of a Euro 308 as opposed to the more restricted North American versions. LOL

Don't feel so bad, I got my first ticket 48 hours after I purchased my 308. I was given 3 demerit points and 135$ (in humble Canadian dollars). It was alleged that I didn't come to a complete stop at a desolate intersection in the middle of nowhere/suburbia. And to add insult to injury, I had my wife next to me giving me hell (and the obvious I-told-you-so's) in front of the local bacon patrol.

12. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I'm surprised, with an attorney, you couldn't get this dismissed, do you have a number of other violations in your past?

13. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I feel for ya Steve, but keep your chin up buddy, there's a lot worse that could happen in one's life!!!

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Hey, at least you are ABOVE ground right? It beats the alternative.

15. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Sorry to hear about that big guy !!

16. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    I'm waiting for my mail to come from The Australian Federal Police to see if they let me off my "infringement"(booked in the A.C.T), I got out of a ticket in NSW when I was going faster, so I'm hopeful, ALWAYS fight a speeding ticket, they usually let you off.
    I'm going to post how to get out of a ticket in the Australian section tomorrow, so check there for next time.

Bad luck buddy.

17. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    MANY thanks guys for the support. Had a GREAT steak dinner and made my fave gewy centered home-made brownies (the New England Ferrari guys may find these at the table during the next party at my place).

The fine, cheap enough. Hey, it's only money and they just keep printing more of it :)

Soloist: Some police officers dislike seeing a late 30's guy is a Ferrari with a 24ish cute, big breasted bikini wearing blonde in the passenger seat (as that was the situation at the time). Am sure he told all his buddies about it.

As for getting a tic 48 hours after ownership, i think it is actually a rite of passage :)

davehanda: please allow me to tell you the court situation. Small town, they saved my case for the VERY last of the day. The courtroom just so happen to be fully emptied out but myself, the judge and the officer. Get the drift?

tork1966: agreed, A LOT worse could happen. The car is here all happy, and will be happier in a few weeks with new suspension and other tweaks :)

tifosi69: Still above ground, but that missile silo for sale on Ebay looks interesting ;-)

ryder: You gotta fight, for your right... to PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRTY! :)

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

18. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    "Enjoy the Walk"
    Love it; they took your license but not your sense of humor. Sorry about that, good luck.
    Sam

19. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I believe you just performed a public service by posting your conviction. It should serve as a reminder for all of us what can happen if we substantially exceed speed limits.

Steve you are handling the suspension well. More important will be how you handle it after you get your license back.

20. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. :(

They just raised the penalty for speeding here in HI. 35 over the posted limit is now a $10,000 fine and revocation for a year. Good thing I can walk to work.

21. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The fines and DMV points probably aren't a big deal (it's a long life), but the real problem will be: I N S U R A N C E . P R E M I U M S

Steve, I'm really sorry to hear about that ticket. Maybe we need a FChat bake-sale to help pay off your ticket? Those brownies sound good.

Save some money during the downtime and buy a Valentine1. Hang tough.... and slow down on the public freeways ;-)

-Daniel

22. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Sam: Some days you are the dog, others days the fire hydrant. Give me lemons and i'll make the best damn lemonaid i can :) Steak dinner, a great cigar... warm gooey brownies :)

nberry: Yes, this is a good reminder folks so be careful. The new POP radar is ***** too. Fast as laser combined with Instant On technology.

Daniel: Money ebbs and flows, no worries there. Thanks for the very kind bake sale offer, yet a man has to take it like... a man. As for the Valentine 1, have two of them. It was laser as the car reached to crest of a hill, thereby no scatter to be detected. It was also at a point where the hiways speeds go from 65 to 55. Believe me, they DAMN WELL KNEW exactly what they were doing. Enhancing the town's revenue.

Enjoy the Walk (and Music. Rush "Anthem" right now on vinyl),

Steven R. Rochlin

"Know your place in life is where you want to be
    Don't let them tell you that you owe it all to me
    Keep on looking forward... no use in looking 'round
    Hold your head above the ground and they won't bring you down

Anthem of the heart and anthem of the mind
    A funeral dirge for eyes gone blind
    We marvel after those who sought
    The wonders of the world, wonders of the world
    Wonders of the world they wrought

Live for yourself... there's no one else
    More worth living for
    Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more

Well, I know they've always told you
    Selfishness was wrong
    Yet it was for me, not you, I came to write this song

Anthem of the heart and anthem of the mind
    A funeral dirge for eyes gone blind
    We marvel after those who sought
    The wonders of the world, wonders of the world
    Wonders of the world they wrought"

Sorry, cranking out the OLD Rush here :)

"...You don't get something for nothing
    You can't have freedom for free
    You won't get wise
    With the sleep still in your eyes
    No matter what your dreams might be

What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story
    In your head is the answer
    Let it guide you along
    Let your heart be the anchor
    And the beat of your own song..."

23. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003

You can't thank all of those crazy ricer kids and military guys for racing around and killing people. My friend was actually at the scene of the Altima crash near Ala Moana and got some pictures. Not a pretty site. Worst was the story they made up to try and get out of the accusation that they were racing.

24. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Steve,

Sorry to hear of your fate. Obviously we stick out like sore thumbs and it's a warning to us all. Do the speed and sooner or later pay the price, it seems. Hey, if the little hottie sticks around maybe she'll be a keeper for you;)

25. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Hey Steve,

I gotta say I love your attitude, Its not the end of the world
    and you seem to know it.

What you need to do is have the gal in the bikini drive you around in the
    Ferrari.
    When she goes by the cop that gave you the ticket, make sure she goes REAL slow.

Enjoy the walk(or ride in the passenger side)

Chuck