I'm Going on the AKA Rally | FerrariChat

I'm Going on the AKA Rally

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by mred, Mar 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mred

mred Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Ed B.
    This June, I will be participating in the AKA Rally. It is a cross country rally similar to the Gumball 3000 and Player's Run with about 300 cars driving from Philadelphia to Los Angeles. At this point I have not decided what car I will be taking but it will most likely be a BMW M3 or M5, Porsche 996 turbo, or a MB SL or S Class. Unfortunately, no Ferrari yet.

I will be traveling from Atlanta to Philadelphia, doing the rally, and driving back home for a total of about 6500-7000 miles. I am looking for individuals or businesses who are interested in nationwide publicity through sponsoring my car in the rally. They could put stickers all over my car and I would be happy to wear t-shirts, hats, etc. that advertise their company. If you are interested in helping me out or know someone who might be interested please let me know or send them my way. I would greatly appreciate it.

The trip should not be all that expensive but every little bit will help. I am looking for sponsors in the range of $500-5000 to help with the costs and the companies, products or individuals should get a significant amount of publicity as there is going to be a lot of media coverage, a DVD similar to the Mischief series by Teckademics, a Video Game with all of the cars in it, and hundreds of spectators in the cities that we will be partying through. The sponsorships and contributions will be tax deductible and some of the proceeds from the rally will go to the Big Brother Big Sister Foundation. Check out www.akarally.com for more information.

I appreciate all of you guys' help and will keep you posted regarding preparation for the trip, pictures from the road, and media appearances.

Thanks,
    Ed Bolian

[email protected]
    or [email protected]

2. mred

mred Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Ed B.
    no one has any ideas?

3. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    or a escalade or carrera or vett or a supra or a integra or clk or formula 1 car or audi s4, a6 or tt. or a VW bettle or a Bently or RR or X5, range rover? or a kia. Im not trying to be ******, I just am. jk jk jk
    No really what car WILL you be driving? When is the dates or the run? I might just might think about throwing down some cash for my clothing company. (if the release date matches with the go date)

4. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    why worry about sponsors, if you can afford the rally, go have a good time and dont worry about $ for a week. If you cant afford to go without sponsors, save up and go next year. I put my deposit down on next years rally already, hope you have a blast on this one, take the fastest car you can afford to get!

By the way you may want ot be careful with sponsors agreements...what happens if your car breaks down and doesn't complete the rally, or if your thrown in jail and car impounded? do the sponsors get the money you already spent back? A vacation with out a contract or responsibilty is a true vacation. ENJOY!

5. mred

mred Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Ed B.
    F360@20
    I sent you a PM, let me know if I can help you any further.

Rob,
    I agree that you need to be able to afford to go without sponsors in order to have a good time and I can. I just thought a little extra money for food or bail would not be a bad thing and that the stickers would look good. I appreciate your advice on the sponsor agreement. I hope to see you on the rally.