The Itch is Back - Run This Weekend (March 20/21) | FerrariChat

The Itch is Back - Run This Weekend (March 20/21)

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ghost, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Hardly a day goes by from our last lovely run, and I'm already thinking about the next one. Weekend weather looks like it's planning to hit the mid 50's. Open to suggestions on route/options. I'm flexible on day as well. Let me know what people prefer, and we'll go with majority.

Get your babies out of the garage! We've only got the next couple of months to drive them!!

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    No good for me as I will be away. Have fun, though. Spread the word on ROE!

3. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    ditto on the away front, but trust me, I'd rather be here driving !!!

4. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Hmm... I may be available... What are our options? Who else is in?

5. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
  6. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Maybe Udalmia could pick me up in his new 360 Spider and I'll join you guys. LOL
    About the weather, it looks like it's going to be 53 on Sunday. Vik, I think that would be the day to do it.

This past Sunday I drove north on the Garden State Parkway from exit 160 up, wow what a drive. The weather could not have been nicer.

7. udalmia

udalmia Guest

My dad says he really wants to meet you guys, lemme know if the run is happening

8. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G

We'll keep you posted.

9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    As noted on a couple of other threads on this forum, continued snow/flurries anticipated till Friday. Although the weekend looks clear and in the high-40's, there might be a lot of road gunk to deal with. Best bet for a run may be Sunday, although I'll probably go for a quick spin Saturday if I get the car cleaned. Watch this space for updates.

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #10 ghost, Mar 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OK, seems like Sunday's the day to do it laddies, as the weather looks like it is going to hold out, and the road gunk should be cleared on Saturday.

At first, I thought it would be nice to go East on the 495 or equivalent, a.k.a. the Robert Moses run, but realized that there were a lot of 5-0 (cops) on that highway, which really spoils the fun.

Therefore, suggest a route as follows:

(1) North from the Island on 87 to White Plains which is a beautiful highway;
    (2) Cut west on 87/287 past Monsey and Suffern, which again should be a lot of fun;
    (3) Head south on 287 down to Oakland;
    (4) Cut back towards the Island on rural 208.

I suck at Photoshop, so couldn't elegantly describe the journey expect to put some big pink squigly's alongside the intended route. Was thinking of starting early, when the roads are clear, and the 5-0 is out grabbing donuts.

Note: The other thing I would like to do is to involve the guys out on the East side. Frank, Ed and others (pchop, assume your call will still be in the shop), do you guys want to join in? If so, we can meet up in the city early, and then head out for the run?

Who's in, and what car are you bringing?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Vik, Thanks for thinking of me, but if I do any driving on this Sunday it will be a short, early run. It's my wife's birthday... etc.... I'm looking forward to lots of driving with the warmer weather . Regards, Ed

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    No worries Ed. We'll catch you the next time around. Hope you have a great day with the Mrs.

13. CitySnake

CitySnake Rookie

Mar 19, 2004
    Ground Zero, USA
    Full Name:
    City
    Ghost,
    Where do you generally meet to start?

14. udalmia

udalmia Guest

drats our car is in the shop or im sure my dad would have loved to join u guys

15. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    CitySnake, there is no "usually," as we've just started getting a core group together. As such are flexible on starting points. For this run, I'll probably start somewhere downtown, depending on if Emil is joining. Are you planning to join? If so, what ride?

16. CitySnake

CitySnake Rookie

Mar 19, 2004
    Ground Zero, USA
    Full Name:
    City
    Family permiting, I'm always looking for a drive. Saturday, AM is the easiest for me, but sometimes I can throw my 4 yo daughter in the pasenger seat and we're off.

'01 Viper RT/10

17. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Vic,
    Thanks for the e-mail, but it doesn't look like I'll make a drive. The 355 is laid up in the shop and the TR has warning lights going off all over the dash. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll have to pass on this one, but keep me posted, because would love to join on another occasion.

David

18. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    No worries David. I look forward to catching up with you soon.

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    NOTICE OF CANCELLATION | NOTICE OF CANCELLATION | NOTICE OF CANCELLATION

Seems that lots of people are out of town this weekend, and therefore the numbers have dwindled. My own schedule is a little erratic this weekend as well. For this reason, and to avoid any confusion, let's postpone tomorrow's run. One more time: no run tomorrow.

NOTICE OF CANCELLATION | NOTICE OF CANCELLATION | NOTICE OF CANCELLATION

20. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Vik: So, let me be sure-Is there a run tomorrow? ;)

21. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Touche, my friend. Touche. ;)

22. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name: