Kubang Killed? | FerrariChat

Kubang Killed?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by KennyH, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    (Hope this isn't a repost)

Rumors swirling around the Geneva motor show indicate Maserati may kill its Kubang SUV before the vehicle ever sees production. The vehicle, which employ's Audi all-wheel-drive technology, was unveiled in 2003 at the Detroit auto show and was slated to go on sale sometime this year and possibly be built with much assistance by Audi. The Italian automaker is reportedly concerned that SUV costs and production volumes may be out of its league at this point, but an SUV is probably in Maserati's future plans when the company is ready to as much as double its current sales volume and make a bigger impact in the U.S. market. In the meantime, the company will focus on reaching its goal of selling 10,000 units annually, starting this year with the new Quattroporte and the Spider/Coupe. Ferrari/Maserati Chief Luca di Montezemolo is expected to officially announce the decision in weeks to come. -Jack Gilbert from TheCarConnection.com

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Thank god, too many SUV's as it is.

3. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Oh God!!!! Don't get me started on SUV'S!!!!!!!!!

4. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Consider this a blessing.

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I think that euthanized would be a better word for it. It was the humane thing to do.

6. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    i heard a while back that they put that project on the back burner.It may not be dead completely but not a priority perhaps.I'm not a fan of SUV's either.

7. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Just as well. What a terrible name for a car, sounds like the noise of an expensive engine failure - Ku-BANG!

Gary

8. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I think Ferrari should build an SUV!! 12 cylinders, all wheel drive and RED! $250K Take THAT H2 and Cayanne!

:)
    Rick

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I think Ferrari should sign a deal with Pontiac to start building the asstech again but this time only in Red with SF stickers on it. & bump the price up to $100k :)

10. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The Ku-Bang was dropped when the "she-bangs" guy, got kicked off of American Idol, and then signed a $1,000,000 record deal.

The two sounded too much alike.

11. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Too many tractor-trailor (SUV) drivers on the road already. BTW, Ferrari did have a loose partnership I believe with the LaForza in the 80's, POS. I read some guy bought and imported the remaining 50 or so rolling chassis and is putting Ford HO V8s in them and trying to get $50-60k.

12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003

I think that the only relationship with LaForza was that it was designed by Pininfarina.

I don´t like SUV´s, but that Kubang looked great in comparison with the Cayenne.

13. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    You may be right but I thought I saw SF badges on some in the 80's and read they were LOOSELY related, could be wrong.