1990 TR : Gear hung up. | FerrariChat

1990 TR : Gear hung up.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jkee, Nov 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jkee

Jkee Rookie

Oct 24, 2003
    Went for a drive yesterday, found some nice curves in Palos Verdes, the car ran perfecly, at the end of the run I put the transmission in reverse to turn arround and when attempting to engage 1st gear I was unable to, 2nd, 3rd. 4th and 5th the same response. I turned the enjine off and after playing with the gear shift and clutch for about 10 seconds it worked fine. The rest of the drive was uneventful, has any one else had this experience? The clutch has approximately 1200 miles since 30,000 mile service about a year ago. The car has a total of 15,800 miles. Has any one else had a similar experience? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Interesting, did you try waiting a few seconds with the car in neutral and the clutch out? That seems to help sometimes.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Omar do you know Dave Robidoux ? He lives in Hazelton also, has a Daytona, used to have a TR.

JKee, I havent had that problem exactly. On my 308QV sometimes the forks inside the trans would get out of wack & need to be adjusted, maybe its something similair ?

4. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    JKEE

MUST HAVE BEEN A BAD WEEKEND AND GEAR PROBLEMS FOR TRS AND 2ND GEARS.. READ ABOUT MY PROBLEMS IN THE TECH THREAD BEGINNING "30K SERVICE..... ITS GOT TO GET BETTER

BRUCE