348 Brake light | FerrariChat

348 Brake light

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by airbarton, Nov 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    The brake failure light is comming on in my 1990 348ts when I step on the pedal. I have already checked the fluid level and inspected the brakes, the pads and rotors are fine. The brakes feel normal so I do not were to start. The manual says the light comes on when fluid level is low or when the pressure to the booster is low. The light does not come on all the time and it does not stay on after I release the pedal. I can't find anything in the archives on this either. Any suggestions?

2. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Make sure the float in the brake fluid reservoir has not sunk. Try it with the wires disconnected to find out.

3. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I had the same problem on my 1989 328. It is on the old site, but the solution was to overfill the resevoir, and let the excess flow out after a long drive. Others who voiced recommendations said that even though the resevoir reads full, the sending unit in the resevoir needs to be completely submerged.

Not a sure fire fix, but it worked for me. I filled the resevoir as much as I could, then after an hour long drive, it left about a half a pint on the ground from the overflow hose.

4. FAD2BLK

FAD2BLK Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just an idea.....

I recently had new brake pads installed on my 348 Spider. They informed me that a brake sensor wire housing at a front wheel was cracked and that a grounding wire was broken. When I would brake hard the light would come on in the dash. Problem is now fixed.

Possibly a place to start looking...

Dave