Your "Walking" Jokes Here | FerrariChat

Your "Walking" Jokes Here

Discussion in 'New England' started by enjoythemusic, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Mr. Rochlin, the XXXXXX Court finds you guilty of driving 101mph in a 55mph zone, thereby guilty of reckless driving in the State of NH. Your license is suspended for 60 days starting 3/18 plus a $300 fee.

So... No driving for me until May 18th :( i WILL be at the Dyno day with the Ferrari as am taking the car to KTR tomorrow for full suspension (new shocks, bushings, tweaking, etc) and other bits like respraying the Euro front spoiler and will just keep her there for the time being.

So go ahead, inset your walking jokes here. If you see some guy hitchhiking on the side of the road with a sign that says "Can't Drive Ferrari, Need A Ride To Nashua", please be kind. Thank you :)

Enjoy the Driver, er um, Walk,

Steven "TAXI Bound" Rochlin

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    ouch. sorry to hear, dude.

doody.

3. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Bummer. Well, now you have your chance to completely disassemble your already beautiful car and fix anything that needs to be fixed, or will need to be fixed in the near future.

Dom

4. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    :( well that is seriously a major bummer. On the upside you'll be back on the road just in time for Tutto Italiano.

5. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Well, life happens. The good news is that she will have new shocks, bushings, etc when i am ready. Will probably have some modest Dyno tuning done as well. The front spoiler is in need of touch up and respray anyway. Then will have time to do a fully anal detail job on the whole car.

Alas, will miss the 20th BBQ/Wash event tho as i DO NOT trust Lori driving the car as she is not familiar with stick and a Ferrari IS NOT the car to learn. Oh well, will just have to conduct a full BLOW OUT MAYHEM party at my place in early June :)

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

PS: Compressed the document below (removed the DUI stuff) for those who care to see what one of these look like. Not a good day :(

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    was this your first offense? or was this in a line of tickets which you may or may not have successfully fought?

just curious as to whether they threw the book at you on infraction #1.

doody.

7. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Doody,

First tic in about three years. The cop was pissed off as he did not show up for the alleged 101 in 55 tic. The State did not prosecute (refused to dismiss). So the officer drove to my home weeks later and delivered a reckless driving tic. Lawyers are good, but in some cases the whole thing is a "done deal" before you/lawyer opens their mouth in court IMHO :(

To give you an idea, in court i was the very last case, the courtroom was cleared of everyone but me, officer and Judge. You can guess the rest. And yes, it was a court of record, but one a judication is handed down appeal can be hard. Especially since NH has no real laws about Laser so they can do as they please it seems. Have spoken to lawyers, etc etc. i got screwed royally IMHO.

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven "State tax revenue enhancer" Rochlin

8. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    how can they refuse to prosecute? that's insane. you were there. you did what you were supposed to do. it's bad enough they stack against you with judge=jury=prosecutor. and then they don't actually follow through? total BS. the system is just not reasonable. guilty until proven innocent if you're in a car.

i have no problem with the state/municipality handing out tickets for alleged violations, but the process can't be THAT one-sided in their favor. so maybe you should have stayed home that day and a few weeks later you could've drive nout to the officer's house and told him to pound sand? wtf?

sheesh.

doody.

9. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    i can scan the first ticket if you want, but basically at the back it has a check box for "Nolle Prossed by" and is signed by Susan O Boone. This was for the original alleged 101 in 55. Due to THAT outcome, the officer had 30 days to file another (related) charge against me. It is legal too.

Oh no, they killed Kenny.

YOU BASTARDS!!!

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

10. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Very sorry to hear about the outcome!

Also hope your insurance company doesn't do anything drastic...

Kind Regards, Chris

11. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Steve,

sorry to hear you got the raw end of it. It really is arbitrary and unfair, but you're right, fighting can just muddy the waters. In a small town like I live in it makes you a real target. Condolences, my friend.

tom

12. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Steve,
    Man, what a bummer. Sounds like the cop was ****** who was out to get you. Filing a second charge? I mean, c'mon, give it a rest. What a prick!

Unfortunately, having a Ferrari makes you a target for these guys. You could be driving along at the same speed as a guy in a minivan, but you will get the ticket because you have a red Ferrari. This is one reason that I have been accused of driving my Ferrari too slow on many occasions...I know with my luck I'll get bagged doing something really fun. I often drive the Celica more aggressively just because it doesn't draw so much attention. (Another good argument for a BLACK Ferrari like Doody!)

At least it's only 60 days, not a year!

Birdman

13. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Birdman,

Called the head of the State Troopers upon receiving the second charge and even HE was amazed a second charge was filed. So yeah, seems they were out to get me. Have a feeling his buddies riled him after he bragged to them about bagging a Ferrari and then he did not show up for the first ticket, so he "had to" do something else to save face in the eyes of his buddies.

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

14. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    If you need someone to chauffeur you in your 308 I'm willing to go the extra mile and volunteer my services and I'm only a state away!

15. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Rob,

MANY thanks my friend. For the next month or so she is out of commission due to many wonderful upgrades.

Enjoy The Chauffeur,

Steven R. Rochlin

16. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Maybe this is a chance for you to indulge in the pleasures of public transit. It's environmentally friendly, great way to meet chicks, and there's always something going on to entertain you. You know, like folks having long winded discussions...with themselves. Or the guy sitting next to you that had beans for lunch. Remember your college days when you would attempt to fit as many people as you can in a Beetle...well, replace the Beetle with a bus. You can play "guess that smell" with all with a veritable cornucopia of wonderful odors found aboard. And the list goes on.....

BTW, must have been cool meeting N. Peart. I got to see RUSH during the Moving Pictures and Signals tour. A ticket for the Pictures tour cost 9.50$ (CDN)!!!!!

Ahhhh...plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.....

Enjoy the walk

17. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Bernardo,

It is 25 degrees F outside. Ummm, chicks don;t cig guys who walk in this weather. Fortunately chicks do give RIDES to guys who walk in this weather :)

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

18. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    25 degrees F eh? I can understand how you might be hesitant to see how long you can last at a bus stop before your nuts freeze off and bounce away. And if a chick disses you because you're on foot...she ain't worth your time.

Notwithstanding my jokes about public transit, I'm its biggest fan. Go figure, I got three cars at home, yet I go to work by bus and subway.

Enjoy your walk...and dress warm. ;-)