04 spider 360 in the shop after only 600 miles | FerrariChat

04 spider 360 in the shop after only 600 miles

Discussion in '360/430' started by divaneh, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. divaneh

divaneh Rookie

Jan 22, 2004
    My front control panel went blank, none of the gauges works, can not get it out of the first gear, was wondering has anyone experienced such disapointment after spending $260K on a Spider F1?

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    You spent 260K on a SPider? WOW!

3. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Someone got ripped off.

4. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    $260k canadian right????

5. divaneh

divaneh Rookie

Jan 22, 2004
    includind Tax and licence. $30K ove sticker. why is everyone so surprised

6. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Um..................260k and it does not work.

7. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    O where did you get it. And by the way you did not get ripped of if your happy.

8. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Things go wrong - interesting s that I have a car about 10 years ago that did the same basic thing - the dealer had forgotten to connect the alternator (isd that correct for you US guys, your parst have such different names) and it ran on the battery for about that distance and then ------- nothing at all.

I don't understand why you pay over manufacturers price in North America. Here I think it's now even against the law for a dealer to do that due to block exemption, but I'm not sure of this

9. udalmia

udalmia Guest

a day old and roof problems here.. minor though nothing like yours

10. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    Hello? His first post is a complaint about problems his new car is experiencing. Does he sound happy to you?

Greg A

11. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego

I would guess yes. His has a F car doesnt he?

I was pointing out how others might think he paid way to much for it. And in response I said if your happy with what you bought there is no price.

12. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    Yes, he has a 360 w/600 miles that is malfunctioning. And he asked,
    Do you still think he's happy right now?

Greg A

13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Ah, the wonders of free markets!

14. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Except for being annoying, you should have no problems. the car is under warranty and believe me when you get to drive the car with the top down you will forget about all this .

My friend just picked up Murcie last month which he paid over sticker as well and he was telling me that he was in Manhattan motor cars few times already for warranty work. that's part of owning an exotic. enjoy her! the spring is around the corner,

15. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    my last post should have mentioned a Gallardo and not a Murcie.

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I've seen a 360 in Houston with similar problems! Do you have a certified Dealer close by?

They'll get it sorted out!

They are beautiful even when they are sitting still.

Speedy"Hand me a fresh NGK, there"308

Sometimes AJ just throws the computer across the shop. Try that.

17. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    You paid over sticker for a soon to be replaced model ? With a little v8 ? I have some land I would like to sell you. Send me a private e-mail and I will get you're credit card info.

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Cmon, Frank!

Don't kick a man when he's down.

Wait 'till he gets back up. ;)

19. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    I hope it works out for you.
    At least it's under warranty.

This is why the older Ferrari's ''308's and 328's'' will appreciate, and anything newer will just keep dropping like a rock.

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    "Appreciate" is a strong word!

"Flat line" is probably more appropriate.

Kinda like a 360 LCD screen. ;)

Of course for $260K I could have bought TEN cars. LOL!

21. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Divaneh,

That's a great screen name. just got it! chakeretam.

22. acw

acw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Divaneh,

First, despite what some people imply, buying over sticker is unfortunately the only way to proceed if you want a spider these days. Waiting list are still very long. Yes, your deal was on the high side but you enjoy a great 04 model while some are waiting forever to get a lower price.

About the technical issue, I would first check that the battery is fully charged. The battery is very easy to access by removing 2 screws in the passenger foot well. Buy a battery maintainer and make sure the battery is fully charged.

I had a similar issue with my 2000 modena. It was a bad connector. The tow company picked up the car without any problem despite the fact it was stuck in gear.

My 04 Spider has 700 miles now and is working perfectly.

Good luck and enjoy your spider!

AW

23. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Interesting. This "little V8" that is " soon to be replaced" is maybe 1.5 year (coupe only) away (the spider 6 to 9 months after that) is still selling at all dealers at a market price of $240,000 to $250,000 (check Dupont). Unless one ordered the car years ago, one would have to pay market. An 04 F1 MSRP is typically over $200K. This person paid $30,000 over seems like a good deal for a market priced car. How else can a person buy one at MSRP unless he put down a deposit long ago, or did other "favors" to the dealership?

24. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Get ready for new F car prices, the euro is killing all the European makers. VW has raised prices four times and is still losing over $2B. BMW has raised them twice in six months, with a stated intention of raising them more and they have hedged heavily. The euro is up 44%, just to split the losses with the consumer, new 360 MSRP's will have to rise 21% or almost $40k a car. I predict used car prices will pick up overthis, especially, relatively new equipment. When your cars have a waiting list of years, how long would you wait to price to market?

Just watch and learn.

25. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I disagree about Ferrari increasing its prices. With the new Ford GT and other exotics from Lambo, Audi, MB/McLaren and Porsche with better performance for less money than comparible models from Ferrari, it will have to hold the prices pretty steady if it wants to continue to enjoy success in the market place. While I hope Ferrari prizes go up as it will increase the value of my little Fiat Boxer, I'm not holding my breath.